3rd Trimester

I'm glad I can lie every once in awhile...

A close friend of mine graduated from college today :) I didn't attend her actual graduation ceremony, but did go over to the BBQ they held after.

I'm there and visiting with members of her family and her fiance's mother (whom I've met once before) came over to say hi and congrats on the pregnancy. A little bit later, she and I are standing off to the side and she begins with the classic "When you due?" "Do you know what you're having?" questions. Then came the awkward question..."How effaced and dilated are you?"

Wow. Just wow. I told her that my OB doesn't do internals so I'm not sure. I do know the last time they checked me, I was 50% effaced and about 2.5 centimeters dilated. I just don't feel like giving vagina updates to people I barely know....

Re: I'm glad I can lie every once in awhile...

• I find that so amusing(and of course rude) that peopel would actually ask that!!  I havent been asked that yet(and hopefully wont be), but I hope I am able to handle it as well as you did!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday   tickers image image "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • Dude. WTF?! I wouldn't think to ask people I know well that, nevermind be ballsy enough to ask an almost stranger. What is wrong with some people?
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMarcnShaun:
    I just don't feel like giving vagina updates to people I barely know....

I agree!! A good friend of mine posted on FB last week that she was 1 cm dilated.  I was happy for her and happy to know her progress but you wont catch me giving vagina status messages on FB!!

• Good job under pressure.  I might have just given her the fish eye.  Who the hell asks that kind of thing? 

Then again, I also have friends who have posted dilation updates on FB . . . 

J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• I'm going to tell people that if I stick my fingers up far enough, I can feel the baby's head!  .... then casually walk away from the conversation.  :D
  • Wow! I would outright say "that's pretty private info to share at a party". LOL
  • imageGreenieTA:
    I'm going to tell people that if I stick my fingers up far enough, I can feel the baby's head!  .... then casually walk away from the conversation.  :D
    LMAO!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGreenieTA:
    I'm going to tell people that if I stick my fingers up far enough, I can feel the baby's head!  .... then casually walk away from the conversation.  :D
    love it!!! 
  • eh I dont think its a bad question. I wouldnt post my status on FB, but if someone asked me I wouldnt think it was weird. 

ETA- maybe its bc after having DS all the things I thought were private and weird are not anymore. I hated when someone would ask if I would BF, now I would talk about it for hours... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH was trying to update his status to "is 2.5 cm dialated" before we even got out of the doctor's office. I gave him the side eye and he was like "What is that not something you share?" and I told him I thought it was strange and didn't want people to think I was in labor. Luckily his cell service was down in the elevator and he never got to post that :)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"