3rd Trimester

achy vagina?

I know there was a post about this the other day but of course, the search function doesn't work...

Does anyone else have a achy vagina?  Not so much the inside but more the labia?  I feel like it is so full and sore that it's uncomfortable to move around. 

Any suggestions on what this is or remedies to make it stop?

Re: achy vagina?

• same here. I feel it more when I got to sit on the toilet, feels really achy and like lots of pressure. you are not alone.
  • no clue what it is, but I just go sit in a warm bath. it helps for a few minutes...

is it increased blood flow down there or something? I feel weird calling my doc and being like, "my vag hurts!!!!" Embarrassed

• Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I haven't tried a bath yet--maybe tonight.  I was thinking it was increased blood flow, but who knows?  It kinda feels like when you are aroused but don't have sex and it just aches...but it's all the time and doesn't go away! 

I'm definitely going to ask my doc.  It's pretty uncomfortable--especially at night lately.  I dunno...

• Glad to know someone else has this. I've been debating on whether or not to call my dr. I just figured since i wasn't having contractions or cramps that everything was ok. Maybe I'll try a warm bath tonight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i prefer the description "it's like there's a 2 pound weight hanging off my vag lips"... same probs here... my caregiver says it's prob a vericose vein... LOVELY!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I actually tried ice wrapped in a wash cloth and it was quite soothing.
  • imageraecate:
    I actually tried ice wrapped in a wash cloth and it was quite soothing.

I thought about that.  I'll give that a try as well.  Thanks!

• imagealixhayes:

i prefer the description "it's like there's a 2 pound weight hanging off my vag lips"... same probs here... my caregiver says it's prob a vericose vein... LOVELY!

I just read online it could be a varicose vein.  That's just nasty!  And yes, 2 lb. weight hanging from the lips is quite accurate.  LOL.

• So glad to hear that I'm not the only one!! 
  • i know this is a late reply but i had the same feeling a while ago.  i kept complaining about it being so sore and feeling bruised then one day i was shaving in the shower and felt IT!!!  a varicose vain "down there."  that was several weeks ago and unfortunately it's gotten worse :(  i asked dr about it and she said stay off my feet as much as possible (really not possible w/ a two year old plus i waitress) and ice it if it gets really painful.  she did say heat and warmth will make it worse.

i do notice that when i'm able to stay off my feet it does feel better.  good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"