Multiples

Poll for those put on bedrest

Hi Ladies-

When were you put on bedrest and for what reason?

Thanks! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Poll for those put on bedrest

• 35w for PTL. 

Made it to scheduled c/s at 38w2d.

• I was put on bedrest at 23w due to a shortened cervix.  I was induced at 36w2d for blood pressure issues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I went out at 23 weeks 4 days.  I never thought it would be so early.

I was experiencing contractions and increasing back pain for three days.  I went to my MFM and my cervix had shortened from 3.1 cm to 2.3 cm in 6 days.  I also had new evidence of funneling and dynamic changes.  My career is extremely active with being on my feet literally 80 hours a week.  My mom also had cervical incompetence with me at 24 weeks and underwent an emergency cerclage.  I was born at 30 weeks.  So it's hard to know the cause - likely multifactorial.  So here I am at home on bedrest taking procardia for my contractions.   

Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • 29 weeks for PTL.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 32 weeks

They called it Pre Term Contractions, I was not going into labor but I had non-stop BH contractions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I was put on bedrest at 22w1d for a shortened cervix.  At one point, it measured as short as 0.6 cm.  After 12 weeks of bedrest, I got off bedrest at 34 weeks, and then went into labor on my own at 36w1d.
  • pea-kaypea-kay member
    At 32 weeks for pre-e.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • janjagjanjag member

bedrest 13wks (2nd bad bleed) - 19wks.  modified br till 23wks.  bedrest at 23wks for short/funneling cervix/irritable uterus.  made it till 33w4d!

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 20 weeks with no measurable cervix following massive bleeding throughout the first trimester.  PTL at 26 weeks and 30 weeks.  Bed rest in and out of the hospital.
  • ppantsppants member
    30w for PTL.  Delivered @ 32w when water broke.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • 31 weeks - in labor and dialated to a 3.  It was hospital bedrest.
  • mmbenchmmbench member

At 24w for IUGR/TTTS.

But by 29w I also had cervix issues and elevated BP that would have necessitated it.

• mkeagymkeagy member
    19 weeks for funneling cervix and BH contractions.  Had cerclage placed, on procardia, still having lots of BH contractions, but I'm at 32 wks and doing well :)
  • TwinluvTwinluv member
    I was just placed on BR at 26 weeks, and I too, never thought it would be this early. My preg had been easy-peasy, but I was put out due to shortened cervix-1.7cm. I was hoping to possibly go back to work, but no dice, as this week, at 28 weeks my FFN came out positive and I'm now on Terbutaline for ctx's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"