Babies: 9 - 12 Months

what's up with LO's "monster voice"

For the past week, LO's cute, sweet babbling has been replaced by this horrible, growly "monster voice."  he's still babbling but it sounds like he's yelling at us!  And every once in awhile he lets out these "dinosaur screeches."  Is this just him finding his voice?  Please tell me it's a phase. Because I'm kind of worried he's going to talk like this FOREVER  :)
Just an absolute casserole of nonsense.
CDH, born 10/26/09.... now I see a family, where there once was none.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: what's up with LO's "monster voice"

• LOL!  

DD went through that phase and she was doing a lot of grunting too ...

I can remember MIL asking me a couple of weeks later "Is she still doing that awful noise thing?"

lol .... no MIL, it was just a phase. Wink

• HA HA! I know what you mean, my son makes a noise similar to the throat groaning noise from the movie The Grudge. I DESPISE horror flicks and can't stand that noise, dinosaur screeches and yelling I can handle, but they annoy DH to no end.
    Megan S. Proud Marine Wife and Mommy of 2 Little Boys Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daddy's Little NICU Peanut Finally Home =D Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is still doing it.  It's a phase, but I think it's a phase that can last a while.
  • I love when they figure out new ways to make sounds. This week DS sounds like he's trying to start his engine!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sgrlsgrl member
    LOL! Sadie lets loose these shrieks sometimes that sound like a pteradactyl or something. Not that I've ever seen a pteradactyl. Just what I imagine one would sound like. Did I misspell pteradactyl? Anyway, it's not just your baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD does this but not as often as she used to. Her big thing now is whispering to herself as she plays. And when she gets excited, like while climbing the stairs or something, she whispers Bababababa loudly. It's super cute.
  • Yes!  DS did it for awhile, stopped for awhile and now is doing it again.  It's funny when he does it though... if I'm holding him, he will put his forehead to mine, grab my face and then growl/shriek!
  • DS did that for a while. We called him Stitch because he would go around growling and tearing things down.
  • LVilaLVila member
    DD did that for a loooong time. She loved it b/c our family would growl back at her. Now she's squealing... I'd almost rather have the growl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • DelbyDelby member

DD is doing this too.  It's hilarious that you said dinosaur screeches because DH says she sounds like a pterodactyl when she does it.  It's really funny, but I hope it doesn't last too long.  It really hurst my ears. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"