Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

If you have Little Tykes Cozy Coupe..

I am thinking of getting one for DD's 2nd bday next month. All the reviews online say they bought it for their 1 year olds. Would she be too big size wise for this product? She keeps asking for a car but I don't really want to spend all the money on a power wheel yet.

Re: If you have Little Tykes Cozy Coupe..

• DS has one, and he is almost too big for it now.  I would say it is more of a first birthday gift. 
  • No way, I actually think it'd be too hard for a one year old to "drive." We just got it for our DD's 2nd birthday, and she is still getting the hang of how to make it go with her feet. Granted she is a skinny girl, but she's definitely not too big. Personally, I think she would've been kinda young for it a year ago.

eta: btw, we also have a powered car for DD that SIL insisted on getting for Christmas. She does love it, but we made sure to get one that has a remote control option (it can either be remote controlled by parent or switched to be driven by child). I'm glad we got this kind b/c she definitely isn't ready to make it go (pedal and steering) by herself yet. We tried letting her drive it herself last weekend, and she couldn't comprehend how to push her foot on the pedal.  

• Loading the player...
  • We have this - the bottom comes out and then they can do it on their own,

https://www.radioflyer.com/ride-ons/steer-and-stroll-coupe.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we got my 16 month old one recently cuz she's obsessed with the neighbor's and he is 3.5 years.  he's small for his age but i think it would still work for sure at 2!
  • Our 18 month old, 4 & 6 year olds all LOVE the Cozy Coupe!! They fight over it, actually!  And they all can fit in there (not at once!), so you'll be fine.
    SAHM to 2 boys (3 & 16 yrs) & 2 girls (5 & 8 yrs)

Our Angel Boy- m/c in 2007 @ 9wks due to Trisomy 17
  • huh, maybe its Bradys big feet or something.  He has a hard time using it now!
  • DD got one just before she turned one and we used it with the floor-board in place so we could push her around, now that she is older we can take the floor-board out and she moves it with her feet herself.  She's pretty tall for 20 months (36") and she still loves it.
  • K is getting pretty big for hers BUT she much prefers pushing it around than 'driving' in it.  Maybe you can get one on craigslist so if she outgrows it soon, it won't be as much of an investment.
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • We got it for DD2's first birthday but my 4 yo uses it, too!  She is 75th-90th percentile for height/weight so she's not a peanut.  She's 40 lbs 41 inches. 

She fits just fine in it and LOVES the door open/door close thing--just like we do in our car.  She also likes to park it in its spot in the garage.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I think they're rated for 18mo+.  See if you can get a 2nd hand one or if a friend has one try it out to make sure she fits.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just wanted to add that you can buy it from Walmart, shipped site to store for only $38.  We ordered it about a week ago and it's here...I just need to go pick it up.
  • imageranda603:
    I just wanted to add that you can buy it from Walmart, shipped site to store for only $38.  We ordered it about a week ago and it's here...I just need to go pick it up.

Ordered one from Walmart for DD's 2nd bday present last night.  It had free shipping to me so that I don't have to go pick it up.  I think I paid $41 for it, total.

• It was DD's 1st bday present but she is just showing interest in it now.  Every now and then we try to take the bottom out of it and it doesn't work for her yet so I know we still have a lot of time for her tor grow in to it and will get much more use out of it.
  • Actually, DS didn't get into his until 2.
  • Ugghh, I wish I would have seen that option when I ordered it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"