3rd Trimester

the most painful thing I have ever experienced

was last night....a Charlie Horse in my calf muscle while I was sleeping  

I have never had one before, and I never want one again.  OMG, it was awful.  

Anyone else had these? 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: the most painful thing I have ever experienced

• I've been getting these my entire pregnancy! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I got them a lot in my 2nd tri, and I actually almost cried a few times during them. Most painful thing ever.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • charlie horses are the worst.  i have had two so far, both in my right calf while driving to work. 
  • yes they are so awful! I've almost fallen out of bed before. The last one I had actually spread up my thigh as well. See if your DH can flex your foot for you if it happens again-- it usually brings immediate relief, better than trying to massage the calf. Oh and don't point your toes-- it can trigger charlie horses.
  • YES I get them nonstop! I've trained myself to flex my foot instead of point it when I stretch, seems to help keep them at bay. They are absolutely awful. Some mornings I get them in both legs.
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • bananas lots of them! thats the only way I dont get them
  • I used to get them all the time when I was pregnant with Zachary.  Thank goodness I haven't had any this time (knock on wood)!  So painful :(
  • Oh yes!  I woke DH up and made him massage it until it went away because at the time I honestly didn't know what to do it hurt so badly, haha.
  • omg they hurt so much.  i'm paralyzed when i have them...can't move.  i only get them at night or in the morning right after i wake up and try to stretch my legs.

they are awful.  i'm scared of them!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I usually only get them if I stretch my toes (so I DON'T do that anymore) but I woke up Sunday morning with a TERRIBLE one that hurt so so bad! no fun:(
  • I get the WORST cramps in my feet!! WTH!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had them before pregnancy and now am prone to them. Usually when I'm sleeping and go to stretch funny. But I can usually catch it pretty fast and stretch it back.  If you do get it flex your toes back as far as you can towards the front of your leg, or have DH push your foot for you slowly. They do suck a lot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• YES! Omg I was getting them alot; before they would be so strong that it would leave me sore afterward. Along time ago someone posted on here you should flex your foot back and fourth and it would go away and it WORKS! So if you get another one remember to flex your foot! GL
  • Like a PP said they can definitely be painful enough to cause tears!!! I only get them in the middle of the night but even after they are gone I'll sometime still have a slight cramp the entire next day!
  • Yes, super painful but I kind of had to laugh at the title of this post because labor will be MUCH more painful.
  • I have been getting them throughout my entire pregnancy
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday   tickers image image "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • imageallyandpat2010:
    I get the WORST cramps in my feet!! WTH!!

SAME HERE! I'd take them in the legs over the feet ANY day...I've had one in my leg once so far but I've had about 4 total in my feet....Banana's are a miracle for me when it comes to this!

<3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Wow! I had no idea these were so common. I am glad I am not the only one, who has gotten these. 

I will try and take your advice about flexing vs pointing my toes.  God knows i will try anything to not have to go through that agony again!!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• the best thing to do is walk it off.. walking actually helps it!! good luck!
  • imagequeenie521:
    Yes, super painful but I kind of had to laugh at the title of this post because labor will be MUCH more painful.

Oh, i know....it is just to date, this is the most painful thing I have experienced, since I haven't actually been through labor yet.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• This recently started happening to me in my sleep. Thank goodness I'm not alone! I've never had charlie horses' this bad... I hope they don't decide to stick around after LO comes LOL 
  • Worst moment of pregnancy, hands down! I cried like a little Bi*** and wished for death. It seemed to never go away and I limped for 3 days afterwards. I was so scared to fall asleep again because its what actually woke me up. Scary!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I've gotten them twice this pregnancy. Both times at night while sleeping...and both times I've woken up screaming DH's name. He didn't seem to appreciate that either time!
  • wow, I've had them many times. . . . I know they hurt . . . I'm thinking you are lucky to get away without having one for so long.

I hope you don't get any more.  They are no fun.

• OMG they are awful!  I've had several and I never want them again.  I was doing okay until I had to go on the GD diet and can't have bananas anymore.   I try to remember to flex my feet when stretching instead of point and that helps.  I woke up with one early one morning and poor DH thought I was in labor b/c I was growning and throwing myself around the bed unable to talk!  Ummmm....epidural please!
  • I had no idea that's what they were called... I've been getting them at least once a week in the middle of the night, brutal! I eat bananas all the time, is this supposed to prevent them, cuz it's clearly not working for me!
  • Yes I have had them too. Try stretching your calves before you go to bed at night and after you wake up in the morning. Whenever I get them, I jump out of bed right away. Standing on the leg gives immediate relief! I still am sore after though!
  • Yep, I got them a lot in 1st and 2nd tri- not so much lately. They are awful. When I notice that I'm pointing my toes a lot in my sleep, I try to change my position to stop doing it since that's usually what brings them on.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I remember my brother and I used to give each other the MOST painful charlie horses growing up, but I swear the cramps I get in my sleep in my calves are worse! 

So far it has only been when I specifically point my toes when I stretch so I obviously try and avoid doing that but sometimes I do it without realizing it.  I can usually feel them coming on and jump out of bed before I actually get the cramp, but sometimes I can't avoid it. And I eat LOTS of bananas and it doesn't help!

• I've had them. I hate that your leg almost feels bruised in the spot where they occured for the next couple of days.

As much as it hurts, I make myself get out of bed and stand on my foot, it's usually gone in a few seconds.

• They are very common when you are KU especially towards the end.  I have been getting them lately.  I've been stretching my calfs out durring the day on a regular basis and that seems to be helping.  Also drinking water helps so keep up your fluids.  I've been drinking a LOT of water lately and think the CH's would be worse if I wasn't doing that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had one of those the other night too. My husband popped right up to take care of it too. The worst part is that it took 4 days for the feeling to completely go away.
    Turah's Avon
  • imageabartow:

imagequeenie521:
    Yes, super painful but I kind of had to laugh at the title of this post because labor will be MUCH more painful.

Oh, i know....it is just to date, this is the most painful thing I have experienced, since I haven't actually been through labor yet.  :)

Personally - I think they are pretty equal to labor!

• omg i get them alot at night. i never got them with my other children.but with this LO very painful.
  • yes!!!  i never used to get them, but i get them all the time

• I had one last night.. I shot out of bed so quick I'm suprised DH didn't wake up thinking I was in labor. Hurt like heck and is still sore this morning Sad

I've had them before but it's been a long time.

Formerly known as "WrightGirl"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"