Toddlers: 24 Months+

Are you still carrying a diaper bag?

I would like to get a new diaper bag, but I'd like to have an idea of how much longer I'll carry one before I spend the $.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Are you still carrying a diaper bag?

• Only for longer trips when I'll be away all day or something.  Otherwise I bring DS' backpack - the preschool size from PB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • mgrulkemgrulke member
    I just buy bigger purses to carry whatever i need(change of clothes, ect), my DD is 2.5 and potty trained.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I do but it's just a messenger bag. There isn't that much in there- a few little toys, bag of Goldfish, sippy cup, diapers, wipes, and I use it as my purse too!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • aforstaforst member

I still do most of the time.  DS isn't potty trained yet.  If we are going somewhere where I don't want to carry much, I do have a smaller bag that I use.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm not anymore. I use a larger purse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not all of the time, but for any excursion or even out to dinner. Stuff to handle minor crises, and mostly entertainment!
  • I haven't carried one for almost a year.  I supersized my purse and would throw an extra diaper and a small thing of wipes in there along with a sippy cup. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am, but only because I have a newborn as well as my toddler. When it was just my toddler, we got him a cool "just his size" back pack. You can get them at Walmart for $10. I put pampers, wipes, snack and juice cup, and maybe a toy or book and he would carry it whenever we were out, and loved it!
  • Yes but we leave it in the car.
  • No.  I upgraded my purse awhile back and it's big enough for what I need for him.  If we're going somewhere for an extended period of time, I'll take his little backpack. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have only ever had a small diaper bag from Target.  It was around $8 I think.  It's small and black, it's boring, really boring.  My daughter is potty trained and I still take the diaper bag with us when we go places.  It is now her snack bag though!  The only thing that is in it is her travel potty seat, juice cup and snacks.  If I just run to the grocery store really quick, I don't take it.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• rsd12rsd12 member

I used a diaper bag with my 1st, & then just switched to a pretty bag with my 2nd.  But now that I have a baby again, & extra clothes for 2 boys - I needed to go to a big bag so did end up getting a diaper bag again.  But it is soooo pretty, that I love using it!

Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • I'm carrying a diaper bag again now that I have DD2, but before that, I stopped carrying my diaper bag around the time DD1 turned one. Instead I carried my Skip Hop mini-changer in a big purse. I still do that now for quick trips out with both girls. (DD1 is potty-trained so I only need diapers for the baby.)
    Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • imageKissy_Face:
    I am, but only because I have a newborn as well as my toddler. When it was just my toddler, we got him a cool "just his size" back pack. You can get them at Walmart for $10. I put pampers, wipes, snack and juice cup, and maybe a toy or book and he would carry it whenever we were out, and loved it!

We did the same thing. DS has a Thomas back pack.   I now have a large OiOi bag.  Love it, but wouldn't need it if I only had DS. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS is potty trained, however we keep a small diaper bag in the car.  it has extra clothes, undies, and toys in it!!
  • Spin313Spin313 member
    I love my diaper bag and am still carrying it.

• I either carry a large purse or a very small messenger bag right now.  Though I'm sure when I have my second son I will be back to the big diaper bag I used when DS #1 was little.  HTH
  • I still carry because it is filled with this Matchbox cars.  Plus, the side pocket is insulated to keep his sippy cup in.
  • Kaly16Kaly16 member
    I keep it in my car in front of her car seat on the floor
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nope, I bought a bigger purse that I can toss his stuff in if needed. He also has a backpack we carry his stuff in too.
  • Only because I have a 6 month old too..

I stopped carrying one when I was just w/ DD1 around when she was 18 months.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"