3rd Trimester

lost my grandma last night :(

my grandma went into the ER around 8 last night and by 11:30, my mom had called to tell me she didn't make it through the night. horrible, because while she'd not been at her best for the last few years, this was VERY unexpected (not that expecting it ever makes it any easier).

i had my membranes stripped yesterday, i'm 3-4cm dilated and i'm having not-too-uncomfortable contractions about every 4 minutes, but i don't feel like i'm in labor right now, obvs.

my induction is scheduled for friday morning, which (while funeral plans aren't finalized) could very well cause me to miss my grandma's funeral.

as excited as i am to bring LO into the world, my grandma is like another mom to me. i talk to her every day, i lived with her after i graduated from college when she sustained some major injuries, and just generally i do not want to miss that chance to say goodbye.

i called my dr's office this am to see if we could move up the induction to tonight or tomorrow. now i'm waiting to hear back.

anybody have good advice?

Re: lost my grandma last night :(

• No advice... just wanted to say I'm sorry and my T&P are with you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Married 10.11.08
    Baby LJ 05.21.10
    TheRookieChef.com
  • I'm so sorry sweetie.  I know it must be hard to have two major life events happen at the same time.  No advice here.  My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss. You must be heartbroken. I Believe that your grandma will be there for you and for baby and that the loss of her life and the beginning of baby's life will fill some place in your heart.
    imageimage
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma.  No advice here, just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you. 
    Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm so sorry.  (((((hugs))))) to you!!!
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So sorry to hear about your loss. Lots of T&P for you and your family.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • So sorry for your loss.  Thoughts and prayer are with you for you and your family. 
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can relate. I'm going through the same thing with my grandfather. He's been in the hospital 3 times in the past 3 weeks and is worse everytime. He's there now and we don't think he will come home this time. I know what it feels like. I'm due on his birthday in August. I don't have any advice, but if you need someone to talk to PM me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sending you hugs and T&P! I just lost my great-grandmother. The funeral was yesterday and I was a complete wreck. I know its very hard to go through at any point, but especially when you're close to having LO. Try to take comfort in knowing that she would have wanted to you take care of yourself and LO and I'm sure your baby will have a wonderful guardian angel. *hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss!
  • Just wanted to say sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother as I just lost my grandmother on April 9th. I know what you mean when you said that your grandmother was like another mom. I felt the same about my grandmother too because she helped raised me since I was kid. Its very hard not being able to pick up the phone to hear her voice.

In regards to your induction, you may want to get a checkup from your doctor when you ask him to move up your induction because you don't want to hinder your baby's health or your's for that matter. You want to make sure things like your blood pressure is in check and the baby's heartbeat are good before making that decision. Believe me, I can understand where you're coming from in not wanting to miss your grandmother's funeral. I am currently 20 weeks and I'm glad I got to see her before she passed on.

• jess60jess60 member

(((hugs)))  I'm so sorry for your loss.

No advice for you but I'm sure your doctor's office will understand (or at least I'd hope they do) & can hopefully reschedule you if need be.

• Sorry for your loss.
  • Just wanted to send my T&P's to you.  I am so sorry.  You now have an angel watching over you and LO as you begin this new chapter in your life.  (((hugs)))
  • Sorry for your loss!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • thanks so much, everyone, for your support.

my dr moved up my induction to tomorrow at 9 am and told the L&D staff that everything possible needs to be done so i'm out of the hospital in time to attend the funeral.

• imagejustalittleabby:

thanks so much, everyone, for your support.

my dr moved up my induction to tomorrow at 9 am and told the L&D staff that everything possible needs to be done so i'm out of the hospital in time to attend the funeral.

So glad they were able to do that for you! Best of luck! Hang in there. *hug* 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"