Baby Names

Need a boyish girl name...

In my family, we have a tradition where we name our girls a boy's name, ending in an "i"... for example: Stevi, Dani, Toni, Bobbi, Randi...

I'm having a hard time finding one that I like. Some of the names aren't exactly boy names but they end in "i" anyway (Stormi, Sunni, Roxi, Vicki...)

Anyone out there have a creative name that ends in "i"?

Re: Need a boyish girl name...

• Casi (Casey) Andi, Tommi, Jessi, Jeri
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I kinda  like Averi and Franki (after my grandfather who passed away on 4/20/10)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageredhotchili83:
    Casi (Casey) Andi, Tommi, Jessi, Jeri

We have a Caysi... Andi is cute though :)

• I know a girl named Andi and it totally suits her.  I like Frankie and Charlie, but only with an -ie ending.
  • Em208Em208 member

Billi

Kennedi

• I grew up with a girl named Roni (pronounced Ronnie).  Her full name was Veronica.  I also know of a girl named Henrietta, but she goes by Henri.

I've always been a fan of Jamie, but it's unisex, so I don't know if that counts.  You could spell it with just an "i" on the end.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah I agree on the -ie for Frankie. This is tough... Glad I'm only 11 weeks and hey, it might even be a boy... that would be a relief!
  • These are really great ideas though! Thanks everyone :)
  • Traditions are made to be broken. Somewhere someone wants to, but noone wants to be the first!
    Anyhow, I REALLY prefer boyish nn's with the option of having a more formal name for when that tomboy turns out to be a ballerina. But these are the nn's I like for girls to give you some ideas (and I am not a fan of the I ending):

Charli, Carli, Andi, Bobbi, Georgi, Micki, Franki, 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I like Roxi and Andi (or Andie) is cute.
  • britabbritab member

I knew a boy and girl Levi

Reili

Davi

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have an aunt Billi
  • mam885mam885 member
    My sister-in-law is Scotti, which I think is adorable!
    Missed Miscarriage 9 weeks/Missed Miscarriage 12 weeks/Natural Miscarriage 5.5 weeks
    BFP 11/6/09. Rory Anne Born 6/28/10!

• I like Tomi, or Dani
  • I really like Averi and Andi.  = )
  • I knew a girl named after her dad Scott but they spelled it ending in an IE (Scottie).

kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an Aunt Bobbi, short for Roberta
  • I had a great aunt name who's nickname was Billie (short for Luvilla)
    kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Of the ones already listed, I only like Averi. One of my sorority sisters in college was named Averi Renee so I already think of it as a more feminine name.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really don't like this tradition - both the boy name for a girl and the "i" at the end (it looks really unfinished to me).  But if you must:

Name her Charlotte and call her Charli

Name her Averi

Name her Emerson and call her Emmi

Name her Theodora and call her Teddi

But PLEASE don't name a little girl Randi or Tomi or Bobbi as a full first name.  If you end up with a young woman who is girly and frilly she will want options.  Options are really really important IMO.

• Cori
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Angel Baby: 5/29/08

• imagesweetheart18:

But PLEASE don't name a little girl Randi or Tomi or Bobbi as a full first name.  If you end up with a young woman who is girly and frilly she will want options.  Options are really really important IMO.

My mother is Toni (full first name)

My aunt is Randi (full first name) and VERY feminine

and Randi's daughter Bobbi (full first name) is little diva!

Just so you know, it's a boy.... but thanks a lot for your wonderful opinion (not that I asked...)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"