2nd Trimester

Possibly weird baby movement related question!

So I really only feel the baby moving when I am sitting down, I assume that is because everything is squished up and the baby has less space to move around freely. I am also still feeling the baby really low, I started feeling movements at 17 weeks and I guess I assumed as the baby gets bigger I will be feeling them higher up - but not yet! Does anyone else have this? About when can I expect to feel it higher up and not just when I am sitting down? Sorry if this is a weird question!
'All I want for you my son, is to be satisfied' imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Possibly weird baby movement related question!

• My midwife told me that, since this is my first pregnancy, it would be around 20 weeks when I feel the baby... so I would say that maybe a few more weeks for you to feel it further up?? I am hoping to be able to feel something before 20 weeks, like you did! :)  I am excited to have evidence of the little one in there :)
    DD #1 born @ 38 weeks 11/1/10
    BFP #2 Jan 2013 - MMC found at 11 wks, measured 8w2d.
    BFP #3 August 30, 3013, EDD 5/7/14
  • I haven't felt anything yet, your lucky to be feeling something!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I am really lucky - I am a first timer and I know some women don't feel anything until they are further along!
    'All I want for you my son, is to be satisfied' imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine are really low and was wondering the same thing.  There was a post about this on some board or another recently and there were ladies 25-27 weeks still feeling them quite low so apparently it's totally normal. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good to know! I didn't know if anyone would think it was weird that I really only feel them when I am sitting down, but it sounds pretty normal - guess I'll just have to wait a little longer :)
  • I've been only feeling them when I'm sitting down or laying on my left side, but mostly only when im sitting, especially on the couch. And they're always low too. I started feeling really light flutters a couple weeks ago, but lately its been getting a lot more noticable and a lot less light lol

But either way, feeling it is awesome because it's just more of a reality that theres a lil one growin in there :)

• I'm 24 weeks today and I always ask my mom if its normal that my little girl sits so low. But the baby isn't really that big...so i'm guessing as you get even closer to the end of pregnancy and the baby grows longer and bigger you will feel the kicks higher up. As i'm sitting here typing right now she is going to town kicking me in my bladder lol. I started feeling her kick after my 15 weeks appt. and after that each week the kicks get stronger and stronger. She too wont let anyone else feel her move...my fiance trys to catch her moving but then she stops. He felt it a few times but it takes a while setting there and waiting.  I just cant wait to have my mom feel her kick when i go home for my baby shower at 28 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"