3rd Trimester

Vent: my MIL is coming

So my MIL is on her way here from TX. She left Friday (she's been driving) and should get here tonight. DH is on duty tonight and is leaving Wednesday for a short trip to DC.

My MIL gets on my nerves all the time because she is extremely scatterbrained and wacky and having to deal with her right now is making me really cranky. She's been saying for 5 weeks now that she was ready to come up, and each week she never did. She picked the worst possible time to come here since DH isn't even around. She never has a plan. I have no idea how long she even intends to stay here. Realllllly hoping it's not for long. She drives me up the wall!

I just don't have the energy to deal with her. Sigh...

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Vent: my MIL is coming

• This is my mom. My MIL is easy peasy but mom would drive me bananas. GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ugh.... Sorry about that.  Why is she coming if your husband isn't going to be there???
  • Loading the player...
  • Why is it that some MIL's insist on living up to their stereotype? I hope I never behave the way that some MIL's do. How frustrating! What does DH say about this? He's not even going to be around, so why is she even coming?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That stinks. I know it's too late now since she's already on the road, but perhaps next time just tell her,  "it just isn't a good time, but here are some dates that would be..._______________." and then make her pick between some that will work for YOU. Smile Surely she has to understand that you have a household schedule too?

At any rate- hopefully she will be super helpful and won't drive you too crazy!!! Hang in there! :-)

• imageKaribride:
    Why is it that some MIL's insist on living up to their stereotype? I hope I never behave the way that some MIL's do. How frustrating! What does DH say about this? He's not even going to be around, so why is she even coming?

Seriously- I vow to never drive my future daughter-in-law this crazy with my behavior! DH is sometimes just as scatterbrained. The problem is that she never really told us she left.... she was just all of a sudden on the road. She has no concern for anyone around her. She just expects us to cater to her whims. We told her he won't be around and she's acting like it's fine.

• imageKaribride:
    Why is it that some MIL's insist on living up to their stereotype? I hope I never behave the way that some MIL's do.

THIS!!!!

• imagedfwkeri:

Surely she has to understand that you have a household schedule too?

At any rate- hopefully she will be super helpful and won't drive you too crazy!!! Hang in there! :-)

LOL nope she has no concept of having a schedule. She marches to her own beat!

She's a huge mess- her house is completely gross and I refuse to stay there when I'm in TX. She also has about 14 cats. She IS the crazy cat lady!

• Awwww - hang in there! Mine just finished visiting from TX; went home today. Since it sounds like our MILs are somewhat similar, I too was dreading her visit. Honestly though it was the best visit with her we've ever had and (this time anyhow) I ended up dreading it for no reason. I think maybe she is just so excited for another grandchild that she wasn't her usual self (in a good way). Good luck and hope your visit goes similar to how mine did!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sorry..Sad

My MIL lives over sees so she wont be here till after LO is born.. My MIL and I get along better than my own mother. I would suggest you take alot of me time, even if that means a locking your self in the bathroomSad

• Sounds like my MIL! I get cranky every time they want to come visit because I just can't stand them. Ugh, sorry she is on her way...try to stay busy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"