3rd Trimester

how many of you are taking DHA supplements?

How many of you are taking DHA? My doctor is so laid back, he was more like, if it was so important the government would recommend it formally like folic. He was not against them, just not for them. (Switzerland lol) I've been taking them anyway, but have been getting sick of all the supplements- i'm on extra iron twice a day, prenatals and Pepcid AC plus the DHA, and was wondering about the rest of you. I want to give my LO the best chance, but not take unnecessary things right now. So how many of you are or aren't? thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how many of you are taking DHA supplements?

• I've been taking DHA. My OB thinks they are a good idea.
  • My prenatal includes DHA so no extra pill.
  • Loading the player...
  • yep I take one with my prenatal
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • I've been taking Women's One-A-Day prenatal vitamins with DHA since my BFP.

But, with DS, I took two Flintstone vitamins everyday and my doc was fine with that. 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• i take it. doesn't hurt to have a little extra oomph.
  • I'm taking DHA, definitely.
  • i get mine in the soy milk i drink:)
  • My prenatal vitamins are prescription and the daily dose is actually two pills - the multivitamin and the DHA.  I also saw a nutritionist early on in my pregnancy because I was nursing & pregnant and she recommended that I take additional Vitamin D, so I'm doing that too.  A recent study came out that indicated that pregnant women probably need a LOT more vitamin D than they are taking, so I was happy that I've been taking it all along! (https://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/30/vitamin.d.pregnancy/index.html?iref=allsearch)
  • I'm not taking an additional supplement but my prenatal has DHA with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I take 3 pills a day: Prenatal vitamin, DHA, and Fiber pill.

My doctor gave me a sample of the DHA at my first appt.  She said if I liked them and they didn't upset my stomach then I should consider taking them.  I have been taking them ever since.

• I take 2 flinstones with iron and I was taking a DHA supplement as well but then I discovered my body was not digesting it so I stopped.
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • I take the Expecta Lipil DHA supplement. I did with DD and she was a preemie and did amazing. She is so smart too. I don't know that this had anything to do with her doing so well, but I figure it can't hurt.
  • I've been taking DHA w/ my pre-natal vitamin since 1st tri.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemrs.jenni:

I've been taking Women's One-A-Day prenatal vitamins with DHA since my BFP.

But, with DS, I took two Flintstone vitamins everyday and my doc was fine with that. 

Ditto this.  There was a short time when I had bad MS that I didn't take the DHA pills, but otherwise have been taking them nightly with the prenatal :)

• I've been taking the Expecta Lipil DHA since second tri, my doctor was very much for it and recommended DHA multiple times.
  • I take a DHA supplement with my prenatal vitamin everyday.
  • I'm eating so many walnuts and fish anyways, my OB says I don't need to.
  • Yep I take a prenatal, a DHA and 2 vitamin D's every night.
  • imageejh090305:
    I take the Expecta Lipil DHA supplement. I did with DD and she was a preemie and did amazing. She is so smart too. I don't know that this had anything to do with her doing so well, but I figure it can't hurt.
      my doc just suggested I start taking this today since I wasn't already. 
  • I am taking them along with OTC PNVs
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I started taking Expecta in my 10th week at the recco of my ob and have not felt nauseous or fatigued all week (don't know if there's any correlation) BUT I have been burping like crazy and every time it tastes like I ate a bunch of limes. I hate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"