1st Trimester

How soon did u find out the sex?

Just want to know how soon u found out what u were having!! I have taken all the internet quizzes to see what we are having.... I would love a little sweet boy!!!

Re: How soon did u find out the sex?

• My Dr guessed boy at my NT scan, 12 weeks 1 day. He was still a boy at 16 and 20 weeks :)
  • imageBellaDella:
    My Dr guessed boy at my NT scan, 12 weeks 1 day. He was still a boy at 16 and 20 weeks :)

Thanks! I am scheduled to see a perionatologist (sp) Wednesday... Hopefully she will be able to tell me then!

• Loading the player...
  • We saw a peri on Friday and they wouldn't even venture a guess, so we are hopefully finding out the end of June when I'll be 19 weeks.  Its hard to guess at 12 weeks because the female and male parts look very similar then.
  • I find out on Tuesday (I will be 20w2d)
  • We'll find out at 20 weeks but may push it back until after shower #1.
  • image33yearold:

imageBellaDella:
    My Dr guessed boy at my NT scan, 12 weeks 1 day. He was still a boy at 16 and 20 weeks :)

Thanks! I am scheduled to see a perionatologist (sp) Wednesday... Hopefully she will be able to tell me then!

They also guessed  at our NT Scan (girl) and it was confirmed at our gender scan to be a GIRL!!  I went to a perinatologist as well and they usually have really good machines.  They will probably guess for you as long as you get a nice tech.  Just do go buying anything based off of that!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Don't buy anything when you get the guess at NT scan. They said DD was a DS! Umm no...

We found out at 18 weeks 3 days

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We found out at 17w3d with DD through an elective ultrasound place and it was awesome. We'll find out at about the same time with this pregnancy.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• 15w4d & confirmed at 20w
  • When I had my u/s at 12 and 18 weeks, I told the tech I wanted to know the sex... she flat out refused to tell me anything, or even hazard a guess, so I was quite happy when Evelyn decided to spend the entire hour at the 18 week scan mooning the tech, and refused to roll over so she could check the heart properly. So when I went back for another u/s the next week (to check her heart, etc), I got a different tech, and she helped me "guess" that she would be a girl (by law the techs can't tell us here.. doctors have to), then the tech found out after that the report from the week before had the sex check done as well, and confirmed what we had guessed. I also went to an elective (actually, I got paid for that one!) u/s at 23 weeks, done by some u/s tech students, and they also confirmed she was a girl. If they're offering the paid ultrasound again, I'll definitely go! (Hey, $50 to lie on my back and have 3 girls put goop all over my belly and look at the baby for an hour? Why not? Especially since I got some nice pics out of it!)
  • Soap1Soap1 member
    With #1 they guessed girl at the NT scan at 12 weeks, but at 17 weeks they saw that he was definitely a boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am hoping to get a good pic at my 12 week NT scan (check out the forums at in-gender.com too see what they call a nub shot) just so I can take a good guess and then I will confirm at 16 weeks at an outside ultrasound place more than likely. 
  • I found out with baby #1 at around 20 weeks, I think, but I think they can tell you earlier than that.  I just wasn't due for another appointment until 20 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebran0915:
    image33yearold:

imageBellaDella:

They also guessed  at our NT Scan (girl) and it was confirmed at our gender scan to be a GIRL!!  I went to a perinatologist as well and they usually have really good machines.  They will probably guess for you as long as you get a nice tech.  Just do go buying anything based off of that!

Ok, thanks!! I just want to get a shirt that says it's a boy or it's a girl!! When u went to the perinatologist, did they do a vaginal ultrasound?

• ctanactana member

With both I had Chronic Villus Sampling tests and was able to find out around 12 weeks.  First time boy; this time girl.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DS #1 my Dr. said that they wouldn't tell us until 21 weeks. So we went to a 3D place at 15 weeks instead and found out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMrs.West07:

With DS #1 my Dr. said that they wouldn't tell us until 21 weeks. So we went to a 3D place at 15 weeks instead and found out.

Thanks!  I think I may try this!!!

• imageMrs.West07:

With DS #1 my Dr. said that they wouldn't tell us until 21 weeks. So we went to a 3D place at 15 weeks instead and found out.

Thanks!  I think I may try this!!!

• We found out at the 20 week sonogram done at the hospital.   My dr wouldnt make a guess before then.  I took all those quizzes too online and they said girl and the chinese gender chart said boy.   The 20 week sonogram they confirmed it was a girl! Good luck- i know the suspense drove me crazy i couldnt wait to find out !
  • Sometimes it depends on the doctor. Mine flat-out refused to even schedule my u/s until I am 19 weeks, although I believe the first "solid" guess they can give you is around 16-17 weeks. Even at 12 or 13 it's pretty hard to tell. I know when I had my 11 week u/s there was literally only a rounded bulge that could have still gone either way and there's no way my tech could have wagered a safe guess. I tried to get my doc to schedule it the day I am 18 weeks but she wouldn't allow it (annoying docs!) so now I will be 18w5d because it's the best she'd do. With my first baby, I had an u/s at 19 weeks as well and they gave me a resounding "boy" (which he was). So, I do know that a 19 or 20 week u/s is almost 100% success rate on gender guessing. I know that's not what you want to hear -- but good luck!
  • I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and have an ultrasound scheduled for the morning.  If the baby agrees, the doc told me I should be able to find out tomorrow.  I asked to find out at my 12 week ultrasound and they told me no.  They said they couldn't tell.. or didn't want to venture a guess.
  • I was 18 weeks yesterday and our appt. to find out the sex is tomorrow morning. Anywhere from 16-20 weeks is acceptable. It just depends on the baby and whether or not he or she cooperates. :) My friends told me to drink a Coke before the appt. That way, the kid will be moving around and not be modest. :)
  • Kml9876Kml9876 member
    I never even had an ultrasound until 20 weeks so that was when we found out.
  • My doctor said that 18-22 weeks is the optimum time. If the baby is too small or too big, it's difficult to tell and sometimes you can't. We scheduled our appointment for 19 weeks. Also, they are more accurate if a boy is predicted. If girls are predicted, it more often turns out to be a boy than the other way around. One of my friends spent a bunch of money decorating and getting ready for a girl that turned out to be a boy.

• mle929mle929 member
    Today! 20w1d

• imageVDemma915:
    We found out at the 20 week sonogram done at the hospital.   My dr wouldnt make a guess before then.  I took all those quizzes too online and they said girl and the chinese gender chart said boy.   The 20 week sonogram they confirmed it was a girl! Good luck- i know the suspense drove me crazy i couldnt wait to find out !

We get to find out tomorrow.... I took the chinese gender test but problem is we conceived right around my birthday, so if it was the day before its a girl and if it was the day after its a boy... does me no good since they cant get conception dates exactly. We really want a boy... I do anyway, DH wants healthy and normal whatever it is. 

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• My husband and I waited until our baby was delivered-It was an absolute joy to hear "It's a girl" as she was laid on my belly! And no, it wasn't hard to buy things to be ready for her. Tongue Tied
  • We found out we are having a girl last week.  I was 15 weeks and 6 days.
  • I drank a Coke prior to my sono visit and our sweet baby was moving everywhere.  She had no problem letting us know she was a girl.
  • We found out the sex the SECOND my midwife wanted to guess.  We get an ultrasound at every appointment...so as soon as she thought she could make an educated guess, we welcomed it!!  We first found out when I was about 18 weeks....she said we were possibly having a boy....then we went back at about 22 weeks and found out that it's a GIRL!  lol  =)
  • We found out at our 20 week u/s that we're having a little girl. =] H&H 9 months to you! 
    babies image image
  • i found out at my frist u/s which was at 15 weeks. and confirmed again at 20 weeks. im having a baby boy!!!! 27 weeks so far lol
  • We decided to wait until the baby was born. It was one of the best things Husband and I decided to do.  The moment the doctor said, "It's a girl!"  We looked at each other and cried.  My husband says that was one of the coolest moments of his life (I have to agree.)  And with all of our children we plan on the surprise!  It makes the pregnancy that much more fun, as well!!
  • 20 weeks on the dot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We just found out this past week, I'm 19 weeks.. Be sure and take cold orange juice with you.. Just in case Baby is being shy, the cold and the sugar in the orange juice will get them moving around.. It worked for our little boy.. Hope things go well for you! = )
  • I found out we were having a boy at 15w1d. It was great to find out so soon:)
  • We found out at 15 weeks.  We are having identical twin girls and I had them check both to be sure.  Since we get an ultrasound everyother week I had them check twice more!  It appears it will be living in a pink world!
  • KafriesKafries member
    We found out at 20 weeks on the dot!  We're having a girl!
  • Your picture is precious! Congrats on number 2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"