3rd Trimester

S/o first night home...learn from my mistake

(sorry, iPhone, no paragraphs) I will never forget, we first tried putting him down for the night at 9. At 3am, we were still in his nursery and hadn't set him down, lol! I blame the damn hospital diapers with the wetness indicator stripe (we didn't start cloth diapers for a few months). Each time I'd nurse him, by the time I was done he was wet. So we'd change him and he'd get all riled up and by the time we calmed him or I nursed again he was wet again and the cycle repeated for 5-6 hours. Finally we realized that it was ok to set him down with a little pee in the damn diaper, if he was otherwise content and asleep. ;) This one will be in cloth from the first night home, so the "blue wetness stripe of neglect" won't be an issue.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: S/o first night home...learn from my mistake

• lol OMG this is so true! They pee NON STOP in the beginning.... I remember those nights too
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  •   HAHA, sorry I love your story.  GL  with your second.   And what made you choose cloth diapers and what all does it entail?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm impressed you decided to try a bedtime the first night home! I remember our pedi asking us what bedtime was at the 2 month check up and DH and I looked at each other like "bedtime????" He nursed every 2-3 hours till he was 4 or 5 months old and he slept in our room till he was 4 months, so we never really had a bedtime for him. would sometimes put him in the pack n play in our office off the living room at 8, but that never lasted long. He was a terrible sleeper, but I blame part of that on me. This time, this one is going to have bedtime around his big brother's bedtime, even if he moves to the bassinet in our bedroom when we go to bed.

What diaper brand has the wetness indicator? I remember hearing about that, but I never see it.

• imageCarolinaKatie:

I'm impressed you decided to try a bedtime the first night home! I remember our pedi asking us what bedtime was at the 2 month check up and DH and I looked at each other like "bedtime????" He nursed every 2-3 hours till he was 4 or 5 months old and he slept in our room till he was 4 months, so we never really had a bedtime for him. would sometimes put him in the pack n play in our office off the living room at 8, but that never lasted long. He was a terrible sleeper, but I blame part of that on me. This time, this one is going to have bedtime around his big brother's bedtime, even if he moves to the bassinet in our bedroom when we go to bed.

What diaper brand has the wetness indicator? I remember hearing about that, but I never see it.

In our first house the rooms were so close that even in his room he was about 10 steps from my bed, and I didn't have any room in our tiny bedroom for a PNP or bassinett. I'm torn whether to room-share with this one because we have more space now. Hmm. Oh, and back then only the Pampers made for hospitals had the stripe and I was bummed when we ran out. But then they came out with Swaddlers Sensitive and I think it had it, too. But I swear it's a genius money-maker for pampers -- I changed him more often because of it. I was so anxious about diaper rash!
  • imagekarenCB:
      HAHA, sorry I love your story.  GL  with your second.   And what made you choose cloth diapers and what all does it entail?
    I made the switch because we were having rash issues off and on and I felt guilty seeing how many diapers we threw away. The ladies on the Eco-Friendly Family board taught me everything I needed to know. They're great! I'm on my iPhone so can't type a ton, but if you ask there they'll tell you all about it. The highlights are that it's easier than you think to wash them, etc. There are tons of brands and acessories that make it much easier than old school cloth diapers. Most of mine go on just like a disposable with Velcro, and they even have a layer that stays dry next to the skin like a disposable (this style is called pocket diapers). I am really glad I made the switch. It's actually fun, as weird as that sounds, because the diapers are really cute and make him have a cute fluffy tush. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"