Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Totally NBR: Tell me about your flat top stove

Likes? Dislikes?

We'll be moving near the end of the summer and need to purchase a stove.

TIA!

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12

Re: Totally NBR: Tell me about your flat top stove

• I love mine. It is so much easier to clean because you don't have to worry about food falling where it shouldn't go, and it always looks so clean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like mine.  I've had it since we built the house we're in (4 years).  So easy to clean.  Some people say they can scratch easily but I've never had a problem.  The only rule, don't set any glass dishes on it.  glass on glass = bad.  That will scratch it.

We're building a new house and we just purchased another flat top stove.  I got a slide in one this time though with the controls up front so it looks more built in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have one, but I want one! We just moved and our new stove "well used" is a gas stove and its such a pain to clean. I really want a new stove, but its not on top of the priority "wish" list. Boo!
  • LOVE OURS! I'd only trade it for a gas one! :)
  • DelbyDelby member

flat top stoves in general are the best thing that ever happened to me.

• We have a Kenmore. Love it. That being said though, DH grew up with gas (me, electric) and when we built the house we had it set up to do either so we'll probably end up going with gas :)
  • kiwi443kiwi443 member
    imageeahagan:

flat top stoves in general are the best thing that ever happened to me.

This made me laugh.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We have a gas stove right now, but we rent and the stove was here. I like it but it is a major pain to keep clean.

J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • imagereannegummer:

I like mine.  I've had it since we built the house we're in (4 years).  So easy to clean.  Some people say they can scratch easily but I've never had a problem.  The only rule, don't set any glass dishes on it.  glass on glass = bad.  That will scratch it.

We're building a new house and we just purchased another flat top stove.  I got a slide in one this time though with the controls up front so it looks more built in.

Yikes, I feel like mine is the opposite.  I feel like it always looks dirty.  There are some spots that look like burned on food that never come off.  Maybe I am just using the wrong cleaner?  I use the anti bacterial wipes. 

I do like how it cooks though.  Having no flame is nice.

• It's amazing!  So easy to clean, and never looks gross, as with some other stoves.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"