Austin Babies

Re: Splash park at Auditorium Shores off-limits

• Well, it won't effect us. I didn't even know it existed!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I didn't know it existed, either.  But, now I am bummed that I am missing out!  That sounds like a good idea for a pregnant lady in August!

• Loading the player...
  • I read this over the weekend and was so bummed. We used to love to go down there to play and have a picnic :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers
  • Sad  This is so sad, that is a GREAT sprinkler park!  The fountain are nice and gentle and they have these little wading pools that Megan LOVED last year!  I was excited to take Ryan down this year because I think that is the best fountain / sprinkler park around for the littlest ones! Sad Sad Sad Sad
  • POO.   I was just going to suggest a play date there soon.  :(
  • that is uber tragic. H and I regularly go down there for that park. big hill to play on and lots of fun splashing.

I'm so bummed. :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We love going there too.  It's an awesome location for picnics, walks and it's so cool at night when it lights up.  It was really frustrating last year when it was shut down so much.  It was the only decent thing around for central/south Austinites.  Southpark Meadows sucks in the "splash" category, so the other options are to drive WAY up to Brushy Creek or know someone that lives in Garlic Creek in Buda.  Sux.
  • Dang!  That is one of my favorite places to take DD and was hoping to go nexgt week!  Oh well, hopefully they will open soon and thanks for the info!
  • imageMichelle&Russ:
    Sad  This is so sad, that is a GREAT sprinkler park!  The fountain are nice and gentle and they have these little wading pools that Megan LOVED last year!  I was excited to take Ryan down this year because I think that is the best fountain / sprinkler park around for the littlest ones! Sad Sad Sad Sad

This.  Man, so bummed.  So much for our GTG Michelle.  Crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • "Hensley wrote in an April 28 memo that the fountain, which spurts water upward from ground level and is lit at night, was originally intended to be "aesthetically pleasing u2026 with limited public interaction." But Jeff Jack , a member of the citizens' group that helped plan Butler Park, said that is "inaccurate. Everyone agreed that it would be an interactive fountain u2026 with intense public participation.""

A friend of my mother's was one of the lead designers (who obviously didn't do a great job Wink) and it certainally WAS designed to be interactive. That was the whole point. I hope they fix it!

• imageTXAggieBride06:

This.  Man, so bummed.  So much for our GTG Michelle.  Crying

I know!!! Crying

• That sucks! I was looking forward to taking our LO there sometime. I hope they get the $$$ to fix it - it sounds like it is popular enough to justify the expense.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Well geez people, what other uber cool play places are y'all keeping from us? Hmm
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • that totally blows!!  lily LOVED that place last year.  i thought it was awesome except there is no shade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"