2nd Trimester

Am I crazy or is a trimester longer than 3 months?

If it is only 3 months why are people on this board who are not due until November already??!????!? I feel so "old" like  should be moved up to 3rd by now....maybe I will spend less time on 2nd and more on August. LOL

This is not to offend anyone, I am not being snarky at all. 

Re: Am I crazy or is a trimester longer than 3 months?

• I feel like a baby on this board!  I see people and think, they're 24weeks?!?  Wow.  THat seems so far away.  However, I think that thrid tri is the longest of them all (or rather the last month feels like a trimester all itself!) Smile
    My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • But it's May....so November is in 6 months....so that would put them in 2nd tri.  Am I missing something?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Those due in early Nov are just now hitting the 14 week mark I think.

Also, a lot of women come over to 2nd Tri a little early..

• I am due November 4th and will be 14 weeks tomorrow so I'm technically in my 2nd trimester.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it seems longer because 1st tri is kinda shortened because a lot of woman are already 4-10 weeks pg before they know they are pg, so you end up spending less time on the 1st tri board so it seems like so much more on the 2nd tri board
  • Yeah I am just saying it seems like I have been here too long if November people are now showing up, not that they should not be on, it just caught me off guard!
  • I was in 1st tri from February to April.  I was technically in it in January in those weird pre-conception weeks that "count" towards your due date.  So 1st tri is fast (even if it doesn't feel like it) because you get 2 bonus weeks automatically before you're even pregnant and most of us didn't test until we're about 4 weeks in (or further) so many of us got a "free month" where we weren't thinking about it every minute. 

My 2nd trimester is from the end of April to the very end of July/beginning of August, which is roughly 3 months.   So, this seems longer because I'm not still looking all that pregnant, and not at the half-way mark yet.  I feel like the last trimester (beginning of August- end of October) seems the shortest, but it may not feel that way, but in my mind, it's when the end is in sight!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • What will totally get me is when we start seeing new years babies :/
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like 2nd tri is the longest as well.  1st tri you lose minimum of 4 weeks in the beginning, and a lot of people deliever early so they don't go the full 13.3 weeks in 3rd tri either.

Plus 1st feels like it flew by because I was mostly in a fog and just trying to make it day by day through the nausea and exhaustion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you seen the discussions on first tri? Second is much more interesting. 
  • imageBailey81:
    Have you seen the discussions on first tri? Second is much more interesting. 

Agree, I have been lurking but now that I am technically in the 2nd tri this is much better!

• Actual length of gestation is 10 lunar months.  A lunar month, defined by the cycles of the moon, is 29.5 days.  Which means that the actual length should be around 42 weeks, not 40.  Divide 42 into 3 trimesters, and each trimester is 14 weeks.  So anytime before that is still first trimester, and third doesn't start until after week 28.
  • imageskearhart4:
    Actual length of gestation is 10 lunar months.  A lunar month, defined by the cycles of the moon, is 29.5 days.  Which means that the actual length should be around 42 weeks, not 40.  Divide 42 into 3 trimesters, and each trimester is 14 weeks.  So anytime before that is still first trimester, and third doesn't start until after week 28.

this is the BEST explanation I have ever seen for the length of pregnancy I am copying it and pasting it on every board! TIA 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"