3rd Trimester

"What do you want off your registry"

We keep getting this question - super nice but what do you say!?! Um, I want the expensive crap and stuff I don't know I need (from already moms) and well anything!

No one believes me when I say we actually really want the cloth diapers...le sigh...

Re: "What do you want off your registry"

• Don't you just want to say, "Everything, really... if I didn't want it I wouldn't have registered for it."?
    Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Wouldn't it be obvious that if you put it on your registry you want it for your baby?  Silly question askers.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would tell them the truth - that I really hoped that I got the travel system, pack and play, etc.

• I KNOW!! I got the same question. The only person I was totally blunt with was my dad because he told me how much he wanted to spend. I just told everybody else to get me whatever they wanted and hinted that I already had lots of clothing. I was lucky I had so many people shop off registry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would have loved cloth diapers - they are about 20$ a piece and we already have 6 that we bought but a few more would have been nice.
  • I hated this question; I felt like saying "if I didn't want it, I wouldn't have registered for it."
  • My shower isn't until 11/15, invites have yet to go out.  I know this question is inevitable though.  The one silly thing I hope I get is my boppy.  If I don't then its one item I will buy on my own for sure.  But I am not looking forward to that awkward question. 
  • "That is so sweet of you to ask.  Honestly, we'll be grateful for anything on there, there is so much to buy."
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DMoney will be a kickass big sister
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I got asked this by a friend. I told her some cheaper items b/c I knew she couldn't afford much. She then said no silly, the big stuff. Well I only have like 2 or 3 big items on there. I told her my order of importance but I felt so awkward. Registering was hard enough for me. Since I am having a girl I really expect to get nothing but clothes. But since I have next to none. I will be very glad to get them.
  • This is truly the most annoying question, I was just complaining about it yesterday to DH.  Isn't the registry enough begging for gifts?  Do I need to specify who should get me which one?  It is the most uncomfortable I have ever felt.
  • The only people who I told that I wanted something specific were my mother and my aunt, who is throwing the shower. I really just wanted the pack and play and anything is bonus.
  • I hate this question...if I didn't want it (or need it) I wouldn't have registered for it. I was given a surprise shower on Sunday and I only got one thing off my registry. The rest of clothes and blankets (which I am greatful for but we don't need).
  • MIL asked what she's supposed to give us. ugh. we told her she can give us anything she wants, or nothing at all. it's up to her. i'm not going to tell her specifically what to give us. no matter what she gives us, she will NOT ever let us forget about it, for the next 18 years or so. the conversation ended up with DH hanging up on her, and i don't think he's talked to her since. (this was a few weeks ago.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"