Babies: 9 - 12 Months

and she's your gem

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/36085190.aspx

Help her out...encourage her to get treatment. Dear God help that baby!

Re: and she's your gem

• Whoa!  Baby alone in the house?!
    imageimageimageimage
  • I don't believe it. Who would tell a bunch of internet strangers you left your crying baby alone in the house to walk a dog? Can't be real...
  • Loading the player...
  • OH. EM. GGGGGGGGG.  And I'm terrified to run outside to my car, with him in the crib, for 30 seconds!  Wow!

• I've seen some scary things on the Bump, even just today. I can't believe some people.
  • imagejillianfries:
    I don't believe it. Who would tell a bunch of internet strangers you left your crying baby alone in the house to walk a dog? Can't be real...

I'm thinking she must be real being that she is a gold poster

• at what point do you seriously think that putting the kid in the crib and walking out the door to walk the dog is better then putting the screaming baby in the stroller and taking them with you for the walk??
  • imageExpectantSteelerFan:

(Puts on flame retardant coat)

I leave my baby in his pnp while I take my dog out.  

Granted, I don't "walk" my dog, I put her on her leash, walk out the door to the nearest patch of grass, and let her pee.  We go on one long walk a day where I put ds in his stroller and walk with both of them, but I take her out to pee quickly 2 other times usually (depends on dh's schedule).

I also leave him in the pnp while I bring groceries in from the car (about the same distance from grass).  I also leave him in the pnp while I go to the bathroom.  It all amounts to pretty much the same for me, but I'm just sayin'

I mean, yeah, that post was stupid, but just wanted to put this out there.

I do all these things too and when he is asleep I will do things for my grandmother (we share a duplex) but I have the baby monitor in my pocket. He is never out of ear shot however so if he was truly in need of something I'd be able to get to him quickly.

• imageExpectantSteelerFan:

Granted, I don't "walk" my dog, I put her on her leash, walk out the door to the nearest patch of grass, and let her pee.  We go on one long walk a day where I put ds in his stroller and walk with both of them, but I take her out to pee quickly 2 other times usually (depends on dh's schedule).

I also leave him in the pnp while I bring groceries in from the car (about the same distance from grass).  I also leave him in the pnp while I go to the bathroom.  It all amounts to pretty much the same for me, but I'm just sayin'

I do what you do, too, but it sounds like she left the property if she locked the condo. That's different from running to your car or stepping outside your front door for the dog to pee.

• imageValentine99:

imagejillianfries:
    I don't believe it. Who would tell a bunch of internet strangers you left your crying baby alone in the house to walk a dog? Can't be real...

So, she can't stir up shiit up because she's gold?

• Holy cow. I hope it's MUD.

I don't even like to leave DD in her crib to run across the street to get the mail when DH is home sleeping in the next room! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagejillianfries:
    imageValentine99:

imagejillianfries:

Jillianfries, STFU? I didn't know that a gold poster could stir shiit up, create MUD, really? hope you sense the sarcasm

• imageValentine99:
    imagejillianfries:
    imageValentine99:

imagejillianfries:

Jillianfries, STFU? I didn't know that a gold poster could stir shiit up, create MUD, really? hope you sense the sarcasm

Obviously you can't since you said "I'm thinking she must be real being that she is a gold poster". I was just saying I thought it was MUD.

Whatever.

• I may be alone, but I really don't think it's that bad, and I've done it too.  When I lived in an apartment and DD was napping, I would walk the dog out my door (about 20 yards) to pee. Even now that I live in a house, I let the dog out while DD is in her crib (she is on the 2nd floor, I let him out from the basement).  I don't really see why this is a danger??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • sasa625sasa625 member
    imageExpectantSteelerFan:

I'm glad you posted this, because I was starting to feel like a really bad mother... I have to let our dog out on a leash, and it's not safe for me to hold dd while I do this. So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, other than leave her in her crib or jumperoo/exersaucer. I hate doing it, but I have no other choice! I don't go any further than the backyard or the mailbox unless dd is with me, of course.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmm... backpedaling.  Which really was it, taking the dog for a walk, or taking him just outside the house to go potty for less than 5min?  Indifferent  I hope for baby's sake it was the latter.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageKSimone619:
    I may be alone, but I really don't think it's that bad, and I've done it too.  When I lived in an apartment and DD was napping, I would walk the dog out my door (about 20 yards) to pee. Even now that I live in a house, I let the dog out while DD is in her crib (she is on the 2nd floor, I let him out from the basement).  I don't really see why this is a danger??

I don't think what you're describing is a big deal at all, and I've done something similar.  But what the OP said was that she took the dog for a walk (which she later clarified/backpedaled).  If she was actually taking the dog for a walk, as in around the block, etc. I do think that's a problem...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• There is so much exaggeration and overreaction on that thread. And I absolutely love the use of CPS in bump arguments. No wonder CPS don't respond to real occurrences of child abuse until it's too late. They are too busy fielding "my neighbor left her child alone in the house while the dog peed outside" calls. Yeah as a gold poster she should have known what would have been flamed but contacting CPS?? I'm surprised no one threatened to contact her husband.
  • I don't know if CPS could do anything about that, but a couple of years ago a woman's three children died because she left them for a few minutes in the house.  Somehow it caught fire while she was at the corner store, just around the corner.  Bad things can happen, and if she was indeed taking her dog for a "walk" I have a problem with that.  If she was really just taking the dog out to pee and running back into the house, that's a totally different story.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"