2nd Trimester

What physical characteristic of your DH/SO/FI/BF

are you praying LO does not get?

Re: What physical characteristic of your DH/SO/FI/BF

• LCB34LCB34 member
    His feet - they are long and skinny as are his toes and they just creep me out.
  • His skin!  He is so pale, and has so much sun damage from Iraq because his skin is so not meant to be in the sun!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersPhotobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • DH's BIG HEAD, very wide feet, and his sausage hands LOL!

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My husband was a beautiful baby but as soon as he hit puberty, his nose got really big. I'm hoping she inherits my nose rather than his. :)
  • His nose and body hair! OMG !!! 

Everything else is okay!  

• His diabetes. Oh, and his short stature.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• well, DH doesn't like his nose.  I do, but it's on a guy.  I have a cute little nose but everyone else in my family has a fairly large nose.  So the kid could get a large-ish schnoz from either side (just not MY nose).  So hopefully, at least if the baby is a girl, I hope she gets my nose.

Either way the baby will be pale with dark hair.  Those are givens. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love my DH dearly, but he has biggish nose that fits his face..., but if our LO doesn't inherit his face, I REALLY hope the baby gets my nose!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH's straight hair.  I'm really hoping for a LO with curly hair! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image> Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • His body hair. It's out of control. And I know how insecure it makes him so I would hate for LO to have to go through that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLCB34:

Same here. DH's feet creep me out! I've never seen anyone's toenails grow so freaking fast!

• I can't think of one single thing!!
  • his eyebrows, they are really big...or if it's a boy my DH is also quite hairy so i hope the baby doesn't get that either. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DH in incredibly handsome, but some of his features just won't translate well to a little girl.  I am hoping that she has my nose and chin.  My nose is the typical scandinavian nose--it's pretty cute!  It would be nice if she had my blond hair too, but his brown hair would be fine.
  • His lips. You can barely see h's lips, for real.
  • His receding hairline, I guess?

But since that isn't likely, I have to say none.  I think most of DH's physical characteristics (feet, nose, ears, etc) are superior to mine, honestly.  And we're both blue-eyed blondes--but I have a secret hope that LO will turn out to be a red head or strawberry blond.  It's (remotely) possible that she will be.

• I hope that the baby doesn't get height from either of us. We seem to be the shortest of the family.

Also I hope the baby doesn't get SO's small hands or feet if it's a boy.

• His giant hands/feet. 
  • DH and I both have MAJOR dark circles under our eyes no matter how much sleep we get. I'm really hoping LO doesn't come out looking like he got in a fight!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • his HUGE, flat feet

BFP 11/29 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • His hair... My DF has a horrible receding hairline already (he is only 23)!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • His knees/feet/muscles in his legs. His feet don't flex downward or upward to the degree that most can, so when he is running and he steps down it creates extra strain and pain on his knees (that's the basics of the condition anyway).
  • His height and weight. He's not fat but has to work very hard to maintain his weight while I've always been the complete opposite. I've never had weight problems. Also he's short, his whole family is, so I hope she's tall like my dad's family.
  • DH is bald and I have never known him with hair.  So I hope and pray that our child can avoid the early hairloss.

• this is really mushy, but there's nothing. his feet and hands are kind of jacked, but that's because hands) he bites his fingernails; feet) he played football, basketball, and ran track in high school and college... and never took care of them (dark nails/callouses Ick! ) ... plus he's a guy

so LO can have it all, just don't tell DH I said that ;)

• His lips.  They are pretty thin, and while I think he looks great, I would rather DS have my fuller lips.  That's about it though.  We both have dark hair and green eyes, so I'm hoping DS gets both of those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker, Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's strange but, he has really big nostrils. I hope she gets my nose. Although, I LOVE my nose, so I would hope that anyway. Other than that, there's really nothing. I mean, I certainly hope she gets a female version of some of his features, but both his sisters are beautiful, so I'm not worried :)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nothing really. I just hope the baby gets my dimples and his skin tone. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • His dandruff, ick.
  • I hope our son gets anything and everything from my hubby, Angel except his nose :) Its kind of wide... and it suits him nicely, but IDK how that would look on a baby boy. Everything else is lovely, he's tall dark and handsome- he has an amazing body, the most beautiful sparkly eyes, juicy lips, and contagious smile.

• I hope my baby doesn't get my DH's lack of height. He is the tallest person in his family and he's still a half inch shorter than me (I'm 5'7"). His sister is an inch above needing a boosterseat and being a midget... she is 4'10". I hope that my families tall genes kick in with this kid. I wouldn't mind her to be shorter than me, just hopefully above 5'2". lol.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love the man dearly, but he doesn't have a chin. It sort of goes face-neck. LOL. I was excited on my u/s a few weeks ago that it looked like the baby has a chin.

I also hope they don't get his hair line/thickness.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    I hope my baby doesn't get my DH's lack of height. He is the tallest person in his family and he's still a half inch shorter than me (I'm 5'7"). His sister is an inch above needing a boosterseat and being a midget... she is 4'10". I hope that my families tall genes kick in with this kid. I wouldn't mind her to be shorter than me, just hopefully above 5'2". lol.

Lurker here, but I just have to correct you. A midget is not a medical condition, so there is no height cutoff. Technically she is the max height to be legally considered a dwarf [4'10]. Being someone who is just half an inch too tall to legally be considered a dwarf and gets called a midget all the time this irks me to no end. Please take this in the least snarky way possible as that is not what I intended.

• YulesYules member
    His eyesight, prior to getting lasik surgery he couldn't tell how many fingers I was holding up without glasses!
  • imageLCB34:

LOL, finger toes!

umm, I pray that she doesn't get his feet either...yuck. I do hope she gets his height though he's 6'3 Im 5'3 so if she comes out to be at least 5'6 I'll be happy lol. 

Hi, I'm Amanda :)

Remembering Evelyn and raising Bailey
    Evelyn Born at 24wks 6days on May 22, 2010 due to pre-e Passed away May 25, 2010

BFP# 2 Delivered 6wks early due to preeclampsia
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Photobucket

• SadI can't think of any physical characteristic of SO that I wouldn't want him to pass on...but his dad has a HUGE nose and I hope he doesn't hold that gene and pass it down
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm actually hoping our son looks just like my DH :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"