Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Is there a way to find out if the Britax seat will fit in my car (other than going to the store)

I didnt know if there was a list somewhere of compatible cars. I wanted to buy it by Thursday (when my 20% coupon expires) but would have to rush on my lunch and wouldnt have time to shop around and bring it to my car to try it. I am just worried b/c my friend has a Britax and it was fine in her Nissan but she bought a new car w/o trying to car seat in it and it doesnt fit in her Jeep so she cant use it (some issue with the headrest). I know which one I want, I wanted to just run in and buy it. I have a Volvo if that helps.

Re: Is there a way to find out if the Britax seat will fit in my car (other than going to the store)

• Options
    A Britax will fit in your Volvo. And unless your friend has a REALLY old jeep (like...20+ years old) there shouldnt be any reason she can't use the Britax in her car either. I've installed them in Jeeps before and never had an issue. Not sure what her issue was, but its incredibly doubtful that it's a compatibility issue.
  • Options

imageemiliemadison:
    A Britax will fit in your Volvo. And unless your friend has a REALLY old jeep (like...20+ years old) there shouldnt be any reason she can't use the Britax in her car either. I've installed them in Jeeps before and never had an issue. Not sure what her issue was, but its incredibly doubtful that it's a compatibility issue.

I didnt get it either. Something about the carseat wouldnt fit b/c she couldnt take the headrest off the back seat of her truck or tilt it back so the carseat couldnt fit against the back seat? She has a 2 y/o so she's not rear-facing anymore. I guess facing front it wouldnt fit she said so she had to put it in her husband's truck and get another seat for hers. Her Grand Cherokee I want to say is a 2007 or 2008.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJimsgirl5821:

imageemiliemadison:

I didnt get it either. Something about the carseat wouldnt fit b/c she couldnt take the headrest off the back seat of her truck or tilt it back so the carseat couldnt fit against the back seat? She has a 2 y/o so she's not rear-facing anymore. I guess facing front it wouldnt fit she said so she had to put it in her husband's truck and get another seat for hers. Her Grand Cherokee I want to say is a 2007 or 2008.

The head rests are all removable in Jeeps for those model years. And yeah, you'd definitely have a hard time with forward facing installation if she didnt know how to remove the head rest, or at least raise it up so it wasnt interfering with the car seat!

• Options
    DelbyDelby member

I dont know which Britax seat you are thinking about, but I have the Marathon CS and it fits great in my Scion tc.  I think if that one fits in my car it will fit in any car. :)

This link might also be useful https://www.carseatdata.org/.

• Options
    imageemiliemadison:
    imageJimsgirl5821:

imageemiliemadison:

The head rests are all removable in Jeeps for those model years. And yeah, you'd definitely have a hard time with forward facing installation if she didnt know how to remove the head rest, or at least raise it up so it wasnt interfering with the car seat!

Thanks! I will tell her. Her DH rarely has her daughter in his truck so I think she much rather have the Britax in her car. And I will go buy mine!

• Options
    imageeahagan:

I dont know which Britax seat you are thinking about, but I have the Marathon CS and it fits great in my Scion tc.  I think if that one fits in my car it will fit in any car. :)

This link might also be useful https://www.carseatdata.org/.

Thanks...I was thinking of getting the Boulevard

• Options
    I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the Britax Marathon fits wonderfully rear AND forward facing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"