3rd Trimester

Looks like our baby could arrive two weeks early!

I'm not due until May 29th. Yesterday we had our 36-week appointment and final sonogram, and our baby is two weeks ahead of schedule in the growth department. 

Doc met with us and said we may want to try to induce in two weeks at the 38-week mark if she doesn't come on her own before that (40 weeks is full term). Otherwise, she'd be really big. We have big babies in our family, and she weighs 7lbs 8oz right now. For example, my aunt is 5'10" and about 115lbs and had three 10lb babies! If ours went full term she could easily be 9.5lbs, and she has an especially big head. No thank you!  I have GD, but Doc said my numbers have been great and are not the reason she's so big.

I have been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions every day and she's already in position, so she may make an exit on her own without intervention. I sure hope she does. It will be easier on everyone if that's how it goes.

They said she's gorgeous and healthy and all is well, but if she stayed in the whole term it could be bad for us both. I'm ready to meet her but I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be. Still so much to do! 

We're trying for a traditional delivery, not a c-section. She could be here as early as the 15th. We'll know by Monday for sure. 

Please pray for us if you will that all goes smoothly. Thanks everyone!

Re: Looks like our baby could arrive two weeks early!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"