Military Families

So Proud of Myself..

Normally when My Husband works nights, I don't really eat dinner. I snack, or just throw something in the microwave... or just go out to a fast food place.. 

But the last couple nights I been actually cooking myself a real meal!! Last night was BBQ Chicken and corn... and Tonight Italian Chicken with a cold pasta dish..

So proud that I'm actually eating something that I made..  Instead of reheating, or eating out.. LOL

Lets hope I keep this up for this next month while Hubby is away for training!!

Now I just need more chicken recipes to keep me going.. hmm... Suggestions?? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: So Proud of Myself..

• do you not eat red meat? j/w.

I can't really ATM bc LO doesn't much care for it and will send it back up lol.Do you eat turkey? If you do, turkey burgers, turkey lasagna, etc.. are really tasty, and if you make a full dish, then you have more to reheat later. We bake chicken quite a bit with various spices/marinades. Google is great for that kind of thing. Also, chicken stir fry and chicken fajitas!

• I do the same thing you do when my husband isn't home... i'm lazy lol. I make a lemon and pepper chicken, cut it up, and stuff it in a pita bread with lettuce.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageGilly1126:

do you not eat red meat? j/w.

I can't really ATM bc LO doesn't much care for it and will send it back up lol.Do you eat turkey? If you do, turkey burgers, turkey lasagna, etc.. are really tasty, and if you make a full dish, then you have more to reheat later. We bake chicken quite a bit with various spices/marinades. Google is great for that kind of thing. Also, chicken stir fry and chicken fajitas!

I do! I love Steak! and Pork, and all that, but since I got pregnant, I hate the texture... I don't know why but I do.. I tried cooking them different ways and I just don't like it.. grr..

oh I forgot I got this great recipe for chicken stir fry! I'll have to pick up ingredient tomorrow when I got grocery shopping..  Thank You for reminding me! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageImhischeeseburger:
    I do the same thing you do when my husband isn't home... i'm lazy lol. I make a lemon and pepper chicken, cut it up, and stuff it in a pita bread with lettuce.

Oh yum! I'll see if I can try to make that!  

• go to foodnetwork.com they have such good recipies and they arent even hard.. i make chicken cordon blu all the time :)
  • oh I love the foodnetwork.com, wonderful site! I just have problems choosing! what I want to do!
  • I am currently looking for my chicken quesidilla recipe for another bumpie...when I find it I'll pass it along...mmmmmmmm
  • Easy and you can save some for later:

Shredded chicken

1c shredded cheese

1c salsa

Heat them all up together. Flatten out some biscuit dough (like the Pillsbury ones, but dont use the flaky kind) and spoon some of the mix in the middle, then crimp the edges shut. Bake for however long the dough directions say. Homemade hot pockets!  

Or Pizza Chicken

Cook some boneless skinless breasts in a skillet til its cooked on both sides, then spoon some spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese on the top, cover and wait til the cheese is melted. Yum! 

• imagedraghkari:

Easy and you can save some for later:

Shredded chicken

1c shredded cheese

1c salsa

Heat them all up together. Flatten out some biscuit dough (like the Pillsbury ones, but dont use the flaky kind) and spoon some of the mix in the middle, then crimp the edges shut. Bake for however long the dough directions say. Homemade hot pockets!  

Or Pizza Chicken

Cook some boneless skinless breasts in a skillet til its cooked on both sides, then spoon some spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese on the top, cover and wait til the cheese is melted. Yum! 

Oh YUM! that sound really good! copy and paste, and print! thank you!! 

• *** Reading this while eating pickles, cole slaw and string cheese for dinner because hubs won't be home until 9 tonight ***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a vegetarian, so I haven't tried the chicken recipes, but they're my grandmother's recipes so they must be good! 

Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken

1lb potatoes, cut into wedges

6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise, into 2 in lengths

2 Tbsp olive oil

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

2 small heads of garlic or 2-3 Tbsp chopped garlic

1 tsp dried rosemary

3 lbs chicken breast

3 Tbsp brown mustard

3 Tbsp honey

In a 13x9 pan, toss potatoes and carrots with oil, salt and pepper. Remove papery husk from garlic heads, slice off and discard to top third of each head. Nestle garlic, cut side down, among vegetables and arrange chicken on top. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. (It doesn't say what temp! Sorry!)

Stir together mustard and honey and spread over chicken. Bake another 10-20 minutes until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Slip garlic cloves out of skins and add garlic to vegetables.  

Chicken/String Bean Casserole (Curry Chicken Casserole)

2 Pkgs frozen French style string beans

3 Whole chicken breasts, cooked and cut into large pieces

2 cans creamof chicken soup

3/4 cup of mayonnaise

2 tsp of lemon juice

1/2 tsp of curry powder

1 can of slicked water chestnuts

1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

1/4 stick of butter

Sauce: Blend cream of chicken, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder with whisk-set aside

Butter baking dish or 2 qt  casserole dish. Arrange thawed and drained string beans on bottom of pan. Lay pieces of chicken on top of string beans. Layer water chestnuts. Cover with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake 350 degrees 35-40 minutes. 6-8 servings.

One last delicious recipe that we always have at all of my family gatherings!

Cheesy Potatoes

1 to 1 1/2 pkg frozen hash browns

2 10 1/2 oz cream of chicken soup (or cream of potato)

1 pint of sour cream

2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 med onion chopped

1 tsp salt and pepper

1/4 stick of melted butter, melted to pour over top

Mix together in baking dish and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour

If you try any of these, I hope you enjoy them! Happy eating! 

• imageFulbri05:
    *** Reading this while eating pickles, cole slaw and string cheese for dinner because hubs won't be home until 9 tonight ***

My hubby gets home after 9 tonight too...I'm going to order dominos either around 7 and have leftovers for tomorrow at work or have it delivered right when he should get home and eat together...not sure yet

• Good for you!  I'm not much of a cook.  When DH deployed when I was about 20 weeks pregnant, I stopped cooking. . . no, wait, I stopped cooking when I got pregnant. Oops! (I never felt good while pregnant.)  So, from my vantage point, I am proud of you too!  It is important to eat well while pregnant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"