Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My dh didn't take anytime off.

I keep seeing posts about dh going back to work, and really wish that my dh could've taken at least a day or 2 off to enjoy our new son.  He went into work from the hospital on the eve that ds was born and hasn't skipped a beat. He owns his own business, so I get it, still a  girl can dream right?

Re: My dh didn't take anytime off.

• Don't feel bad. My DH owns his own business as well. DS was born on Thursday and he was back to work on Monday. Of course he was on the phone with his partner practically the whole time I was in the hospital. It sucks but we have to eat right.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAknight1986:
    Don't feel bad. My DH owns his own business as well. DS was born on Thursday and he was back to work on Monday. Of course he was on the phone with his partner practically the whole time I was in the hospital. It sucks but we have to eat right.

Gotta love the cell phone, lol.  I hate dh's phone, but everytime it rings it means money is coming in.  Makes it hard to complain doesn't it?  Glad I'm not alone on this one. 

• Loading the player...
  • I would be upset.  But remember, it makes men feel right to provide for their families, so he's just doing was he needs to and knows how to.  Sounds like you have a great hubby!
  • Dh had to go back to school/work the night Dylan was born : ( Hopefully soon enough the Navy will give him his paternity leave but honestly I am not holding my breath...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH went to work while I was in labor at the hospital. His parents own a construction company along with a contracting company and 3 car washes. DH will take over the company in a couple year so he had to work. He would sleep with me at the hospital and then go to work in the morning. It was hard because there was a week where he would be gone from 5am to 10pm. Things are much better now, but like PP said, guys feel like when they provide for their family, that is all that matters. You aren't alone!!
  • My Dh was off the day DS was born but went back to work the next day...we own a barbershop so he has to be there...I wish he could have been at the hospital during the day(he was there as soon as he got off every evening) but I wasn't upset about it...I knew it had to be done.
  • my fiance had to do the same.  he's taken a few half days here and there but he's pretty much been on his normal work schedule.  it would be great to have him here all day for a week or two, but i know he's doing what's best for our family so i try not to be bummed out about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"