2nd Trimester

Push Presents...

Come on ladies' let's be honest here. Who has made a mention of a 'push present' to their DH?

I'm assuming it's the same bunch of 1st timers who also demand their DH do something for them this Mother's day?

Re: Push Presents...

• Hahaha, not me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This whole concept is just ridiculous to me.

All I asked for was a bottle of coke.  And a cheeseburger.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't ask anything for myself, but I'm secretly saving up for my husbands birthday cause his birthday is a week before LO is due. He wants to get into fly fishing, so I will be getting him the start up "stuff." lol
  • Not me! I didn't even know what a push present was until I joined the Bump.
  • Me! I requested beer or wine - his choice.
  • I didn't mention it to him (mainly b/c I didn't know what it was until I saw it here on the bump) But his Daddy Pregnancy book talks about it. I don't know how he feels about as I know he is just approaching that chapter. I assume he will talk to me about it when he gets there. Yes, I read the book too, I just try not to read too far ahead of where he is.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I, for one, am holding this baby in until I get my damn present.

*harumph*

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LCB34LCB34 member

I was going to say - the same one's demanding mother's day gift before I read your post!

I am not making mention - but DH has.  He mentioned a while back (prior to me getting pregnant this go around) that he wants to get me my top wedding band as a mothers ring.  Now, we will see if he gets it ordered and made in time...

• I jokingly told DH I want a Keurig or an espresso machine. We were planning on getting one soon anyway though. Now we just have an awesome excuse. baby = no sleep => lattes.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just saying "push present" out loud makes me want to Ick!
  • If you have to tell your husband you are expecting something or what a push present is, the entire sentiment of it is lost and you look like a greedy b!tch, IMO.

I don't want one, never got one, and won't be getting one this time either. But I have c/s so I am not special enough anyway.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • I'm not going to lie. I told DH that I wanted a nice birthday present this year since LO is due 8 days after my birthday. We didn't do anything for Christmas or our anniversary this year.I also have to spend mothers day with his mother and I can't stand her.

I don't care what you call it..push present or  birthday present but I would appreciate something. DH wants to get me jewelry and told me to pick something out.

• since mothers day is coming up and stuff is already out in stores it came up while grocery shopping and i said i'd rather wait.  he likes giving gifts and surprises though so i said if he wanted, he could save up to give me something nice after the child is born.  but i have to figure out what to get him for his bday which is the day after my due date.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Currently going through our second deployment. Can't wait for Zoe to meet her daddy!

• imageLCB34:

I was going to say - the same one's demanding mother's day gift before I read your post!

I am not making mention - but DH has.  He mentioned a while back (prior to me getting pregnant this go around) that he wants to get me my top wedding band as a mothers ring.  Now, we will see if he gets it ordered and made in time...

This.  I didn't know about it or mention it to him.  He mentioned getting another band! 

Most likely he will forget!  (which is fine as my rings are getting too tight anyway!)

• oh shiieeet. I forgot I did ask for a push present. Does a big heaping bowl of antipasto cold cuts count as a push present? If so, I'm a demanding b!tch. I told DH he better not show up to my delivery room without that and some liquor.

• A "push present" sounds like the surprise turd that can come out during delivery.
  • imageagrundman:
    Not me! I didn't even know what a push present was until I joined the Bump.

This. What a strange concept.

Dobie : HAHA DH had better get his butt in gear ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageagrundman:

This.  I don't need him to get me a thing.

• I had never heard of "push presents" until the Bump. I think the whole concept is fvcking ridiculous.
  • imageBecExpecting:
    A "push present" sounds like the surprise turd that can come out during delivery.

::dies of laughter!::

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageJayandJack:

I told DH that I wanted a nice birthday present this year since LO is due 8 days after my birthday. 

I don't care what you call it..push present or  birthday present but I would appreciate something. 

This! LO is due 10 days after my birthday, so I mentioned that I'd appreciate something nice.

JayandJack I didn't realize we're due 7 days apart! and to learn our birthdays are only 9 days apart...I knew there was something I liked about you ;) 

• I really just want a bottle of champagne in the fridge!
  • imageBecExpecting:
    A "push present" sounds like the surprise turd that can come out during delivery.

LOL! Seriously!

• I think him buying me a camcorder for my birthday was my unintentional push present. It's for the baby!
  • Our wedding anniversary is around the same time LO is born so he told me wants to get me something "special".  I find the thought very sweet.
  • No need. My husband's female coworkers have apparently brought it up to him...well, one actually said "you better get her a push present!" Haha.
  • I didn't even get flowers when K was born.
    All I told him was - i better at least get a freaking flower this time.

LOL!

• imageagrundman:

This...Nor do I think that Mother's Day is a special day for 1st time Mother's to be--unless they are inwardly looking forward to next year and getting excited about the prospect of being able to celebrate with their new LO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • I'm bored stuck on bed rest so I thought I'd chime in.... I said I wanted a large margarita pizza from our local Italian restaurant (being I have GD pizza is a no-no) with a glass of wine.....mmmmm

Now mothers day I think DH is getting my my diaper bag (its a little pricey) but since I am already a mom, I don't consider it grabby!

• Frankly I don't get them.  The real push present for me is hopefully a healthy baby. 

My husband asked me if I wanted one and I said, "absolutely not."  I know he'll show his appreciation, which doesn't require a box and a bow. 

Push presents seem like something that DeBeers and Tiffany's came up with so men will buy more diamond pendants.

• I think our daughter is present enough for the both of us.  I'm sure we will have a celebratory drink with our families.  My husband can be very thoughtful when he wants to be though, so maybe he will surprise me?!  Either way, I'm not expecting anything.
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I didn't, but I did have a long list of carbohydrate-laden food that I wanted to eat as soon after delivery as possible (I had GD).

And I have already posted before that my H went out and got me a push present on his own, and it was perfect.

• imageBecExpecting:

Hahaha! This made me LOL at work. Now all of my co-workers are wondering why I am laughing to myself.

• This is too funny, never heard of it before I read this post! I thought the baby was the "push present"? Wink Having said that, there better be a cold beer waiting for me in the fridge when I get home.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I totally expect something after I pop his kid out.  I don't know yet what it will be, but based on what's right across the street from the hospital, I'm thinking a burger, a burrito or a big sub. I will let him know when we get there.

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• I mentioned push presents to DH a couple years ago before we were even thinking of TTC.  I asked him the other day what his thoughts were on it and he said that he already knows what he's getting me :) I don't expect anything, but it melted my heart a bit to think that he already had something planned. I'm sure it's something heartfelt and memorable, not just a gift.
  • imageBecExpecting:

LOL, it kinda does, doesn't it? 

• Haven't mentioned it and I am not going to.
  • I had never even heard of it before the bump.  And no, I didn't ask, expect, become disappointed in DH when I didn't get a "push present."
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"