Baby Names

What's your first impression when you hear . . .

Vincent Edward van Hamden

or

Victor Donald van Hamden

(ln similar to our own)

Both middle names are family names (father and grandfather). 

Re: What's your first impression when you hear . . .

• 1st one - Eddie Van Halen.

other than that nothing really.  I do like the name Vincent better tan Victor though

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • VERY formal, but nice. I'd go with Vincent.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never found a Vinny I have liked - so ick to Vincent.

Victor I like.  

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • imageCozyinLove:
    VERY formal

Yes, this ... and old men that I know with both names. Both are nms.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • LOVE Vincent Edward! So timeless and classic.
  • both are nice, but I like Vincent just a little bit more.
  • First impression...very long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemattandbekah:

1st one - Eddie Van Halen.

other than that nothing really.  I do like the name Vincent better tan Victor though

Ditto this!  They both seem formal...but nice...just nms.

• Honestly, I think of men 60 or over because that's who I know with the names Vincent (Vince) and Victor.

I also think of the celebrity Vincent Price (who I think is deceased) who narrated or provided some kind of intros to scary movies.

Both names are NMS. I'd prefer to see Edward (Eddie or Ed) as the first name. But hey, it's not my kid!

• I like Vincent Edward the best.
    My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • I would not use a V first name with Van anything as the last name.   Van whatever is already kind of a mouthful and it gets way worse adding another V name right before the Van.
  • I think of a 50 yr old that lives in New Jersey. Good names though.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • I like Victor more. Vincent makes me think of an older dude with a thick Long Island accent, probably because of Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny. So.... not the best association. Though I'm not crazy about either- I'm not personally a fan of alliteration in names.

• All of the Vs make me think of a Count (ala Dracula or Chocula)
  • Count Dracula.

Don't ask me why.  I think it has to do with Vincent Price + the "van" in your last name (van Helsing, maybe?).

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• Victor makes me think of Days of Our Lives.

Vincent makes me think of the guy who owned the pizza place around us growing up...Vinny's.

With the last name they are very long for my tastes.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• honestly?  Too many Vs.  I do like alliterative names, but VV is a hard one to pull off.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I really like Vincent, it makes me think of someone resposible and respectible.  I dont like Victor, makes me think of a currupt leader or a creepy guy for some reason.    

• love Vincent! Eddie is adorable too and both are names you can get older with
  • My first thought was vampire - I have no idea why. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing...

My husband's college roommate was named Vince (he'd be about 29 now) and he was a nice guy. I like Vincent better than Victor.

• I really like Vincent Edward. It sounds classy to me.
  • They strike me as highly respectable (one of my grandmother's baby-naming mantras was whether or not the name would be suitable for a lawyer). The length mostly comes from the "van" which is unavoidable.

I think as a whole name Vincent Edward van Hamden  has a wonderful flow and ring to it, better than the other one.

On the other hand, I like Victor as just a first name better, and Vick as a nickname better than Vinny (though Vince wouldn't be too bad).

So as much as I like the first one much better on the whole, kids never go by their whole name, so I think the first name has to be able to stand alone as something you like. Good luck picking!

• I strongly prefer the first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I really like Vincent Edward.
  • I really like Vincent Edward van Hamden - I think it sort of sounds regal and classic.....awesome!
  • I like Vincent better... Victor reminds me of Victor Lazlo in Casablanca. Think Vincent is more elegant.

• I like Vincent Edward the best - I had a boyfriend named Vince/Vincent and he was an awesome person. How often will your LO ever hear his full name anyway?? Except when he has pushed you to your limit... :)

Don't worry about people saying the name sounds like an old man - anyone who meets your son will know him as who he is and not say, "You really should be an old man." I heard the same comments about the name for my son - Robert Emmet King. (We will call him Emmet - which I have been told is an "old man name")

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Vincent Edward.  He could be called Vince for short.  Victor sounds too formal for a little guy. 
  • A friend from highschool had her first and named him Vincent Edward....Its a nice name. I dislike the name Victor. Maybe Edward Vincent, Edward Donald, or Vincent Donald even Edward Victor Van Hamden has a nice ring.  
  • I agree.  I like Vincent better than Victor.  Very regal.  I like it.
  • I really, really like Vincent Edward.  I never thought I was a big fan of the name Vincent, but I love that combination and I think it flows perfectly with your last name, too.  It also does sound very elegant, classic, and formal.  Great choice!! Yes
  • I agree with this.  My first thought was that it was a "dark" name.  Your comment summed up my thoughts perfectly.
  • Both flow well...but I prefer Victor Edward van Hamden.

• I LOVE Vincent - we're actually using it as our LO's middle name if we have a boy! It has very special meaning to us - our best friend who we met in fifth grade is called that.

On the other hand... my first impression of Donald is Trump, and comb overs. But it is YOUR decision!

• I think the name itself almost sounds of nobility.....
  • I think Vincent Edward goes much better together than Victor Donald....you know?

But both are nice names really.

• It sounds mature, and until he can use it as a professional, he can always be Vinny (my nephew's name) which will also make him a "my cousin Vinny" and who doesn't like that movie?? 

However, Vincent is typically an Italian name mixed with a van Hamden which is???? 

I like it either way better than Victor.

• I like vincent more then victor
  • Van Halen...vampires...Twilight...mobs...famous author?  Anyways, they're a MOUTHFUL.  BUT, I like vincent Edward! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"