Cincinnati Babies

selling food at a garage sale

Is this allowed? I've been to several garage sales where they are grilling & selling food. Do you need a special permit/food license for that? What about things like bottled drinks or sealed food (like bags of chips, cookies, etc.)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: selling food at a garage sale

• I don't know if you need a permit or not, but my sister does it all the time. She sells muffins and drinks (usually bottled waters and pop). She usually makes pretty good money on that alone because people get hungry/thirsty while they shop:) She gets the big muffins from Costco/Sams and then sells them for $1.00.
    Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • Yeah, that's why I was trying to figure out if there were rules...I want to do it! I keep hearing having a few refreshments are big sellers. Maybe I'll just plan on doing it until someone comes along and says I can't. :)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never thought of this or been to a sale with refreshments for sale.  I will keep that in mind this year when the neighborhood garage sale happens.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • i've seen hot dogs, chips, candy, pop, water at neighborhood garage sales. people were totally into it. we bought sealed drinks and were very grateful!

• Maybe it depends on the city?  I know my hometown (north of Dayton) makes a huge deal of stating in the newspaper that no food can be sold at any garage sale.
  • imagecarimeli:
    Yeah, that's why I was trying to figure out if there were rules...I want to do it! I keep hearing having a few refreshments are big sellers. Maybe I'll just plan on doing it until someone comes along and says I can't. :)  

My philosophy in instances like this one... It's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. LOL! Wink

~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageLoriZ:
    Maybe it depends on the city?  I know my hometown (north of Dayton) makes a huge deal of stating in the newspaper that no food can be sold at any garage sale.
    really? I did not know but then again I am not surprised either ;)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"