3rd Trimester

Waited too late for Pedi! PSA

So I called the pediatrician I thought I wanted to use to set up the prebirth consult, and although they are taking new patients, they don't have ANY consults until way after my due date (June 20).  I was starting to panic, but I called a different one that a close friend uses and loves, and they were able to get me in on June 15. WHEW!!! Now let's just hope Finn stays in until then! Ladies, if you haven't, you better get on this.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Waited too late for Pedi! PSA

• Wow, I must not know anything, what is the point of the pre-birth consult? I've been meaning to call, I guess I'll do that today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Do you have to do a consult?

I called the Pedi we wanted and all we need to do is let the OB and hospital know who the office is that we've chosen and they'll call the Pedi on call when LO is born. Then we call and set up LO's first appt when they're about 5 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • We never had a pre-birth consult. You will be fine without one. Just pick a pedi. Ask your OB for a rec. If you end up not liking them, you can always switch.
  • imageMarcnShaun:

Do you have to do a consult?

I called the Pedi we wanted and all we need to do is let the OB and hospital know who the office is that we've chosen and they'll call the Pedi on call when LO is born. Then we call and set up LO's first appt when they're about 5 days old.

This is how ours works too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If it's that hard to get an appt, that would worry me.  I got a interview thingy within one week at my pedi... What if they get that backed up when you need to make an appt for the baby? 
  • Eh! I never had a preconsult with either of the pedi's ds has had and it was really no big deal. You will have a LOT of appts with your lo in the beginning. You will know quickly if you mesh with that practice or not. Word of mouth goes a long way. I have been happy with my friends suggestions.
    imageimageimage
  • I must desperately want/need a pedicure because that's what I thought this was about. lol

I was planning on calling this week to the office where several of Mr B's colleagues take their children.  They've only had great things to say about the Dr.   I figured I would go in and take a "tour" and ask questions.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • I just have to say that I read this as "pedi" like "pedicure", and I thought it's never too late for a pedicure! LOL. I was planning on going to the salon today or tomorrow to have my toes done, so my mind was not in the right place. 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Personally if I wanted to use a particular doctor and they'd take me but couldn't meet me first, I'd be ok taking my chances.  I didn't interview our pediatrician because I don't think I'll be able to get a real good feel for the person until LO is here and I need actual medical guidance.  Then if I don't like the practice, I'll switch to someone else.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• WOW it's probably for the best.  If they don't have any consults open I bet it would be hard to get a regular appointment too.

Pre-birth consult is just to make sure the doctor is on board with what you want to do.  For example we asked our Ped about delaying vaccines, views on breastfeeding ect.  We wanted to make sure we clicked before choosing for sure.

• imagehydies33:
    I just have to say that I read this as "pedi" like "pedicure", and I thought it's never too late for a pedicure! LOL. I was planning on going to the salon today or tomorrow to have my toes done, so my mind was not in the right place. 

Glad I wasn't the only one. ;-)

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • No they wouldn't take me because they couldn't see me before. I think the one I got in with is going to be fine. They were much nicer on the phone, anyway.  Yeah, I'm sure not all of them work this way, but apparently some of them do.  My OB told me to start calling at my last appointment, so that's what I did. I just wanted anyone as clueless as me to be aware of this.

And now I want a Pedicure!!  Stick out tongue

• We never met the pedi until after DD was born.  We went with the rec from my OB and it's been great.  So I wouldn't stress.  Worst case scenario you switch pedis after LO is born.
  • imageMrs.B6302007:

imagehydies33:
    I just have to say that I read this as "pedi" like "pedicure", and I thought it's never too late for a pedicure! LOL. I was planning on going to the salon today or tomorrow to have my toes done, so my mind was not in the right place. 

Me too!

Getting a pedicure is pretty much the ONLY thing I have left to do (I'm getting my hair done tonight) so I thought this post was going to be about how terrible it is to stare at your unpolished toes for hours during labor. LOL.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLaxbugg1410:
    imageMrs.B6302007:

imagehydies33:

Me too!

Getting a pedicure is pretty much the ONLY thing I have left to do (I'm getting my hair done tonight) so I thought this post was going to be about how terrible it is to stare at your unpolished toes for hours during labor. LOL.

Same here!
  • Our pedi only takes newborns and you can't register the child as a new patient without first attending a "new parent" meeting.  We had ours last week and it was very informative--he let us know all the policies and procedures of the office, his stance on vaccinations, etc.  I think with this practice, they are just in really high demand and fairly small, and they don't want to take on too many patients.  They gave us a card at the meeting to give to the hospital staff to "prove" that LO is really their patient.  That seemed a little excessive, but I guess they've had problems in the past or something.

• imageboyscout8:
    imageLaxbugg1410:
    imageMrs.B6302007:

imagehydies33:

Me too!

Same here!

LOL- On my list today is to schedule my hair appointment and I plan on getting a pedi the same day, so that's exactly what I thought about too!

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMarcnShaun:

Do you have to do a consult?

This is almost exactly how it worked for me as well.  The pedi's office told me to tell my OB and she wrote it in my chart and said that the nurses and/or OB on call will call the pedi when LO's born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"