Northern California Babies

Babies R Us registry completion discount?

I remember being able to finish up my registry after my shower last time and getting a discount (I think 10%). The thing I can't seem to remember is when I could do this as in, do I have to wait until after the baby is born or is this something I can do on my own? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Re: Babies R Us registry completion discount?

• They mail it to you about 3-4 weeks before your due date that you put on your registry. I got mine a few weeks ago, and its 10%. I also upped my due date on the registry (because I knew we would need to shop for stuff early to get everything we need) since my SIL didn't get hers until a week before the baby came and she didn't get a chance to go and get all the last minute things she needed. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I got mine last week - when I asked them about it, they said that they come usually 2 weeks before your due date but could be as late as 2 weeks after.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Um...that sucks. I need it now! Like before the baby comes and I can't just pop on over and buy stuff. I wonder if I came in and said I was being induced next week if they would just give me one? 
  • imageserendipityRox:
    Um...that sucks. I need it now! Like before the baby comes and I can't just pop on over and buy stuff. I wonder if I came in and said I was being induced next week if they would just give me one? 
      The roseville one told me I had to wait.  I even went in last Sunday and bought a bunch of stuff thinking they'd just give it to me.  Nope.  She did tell me that if I got it, I could come back in within 7 days for a price adjustment.  It came last Monday so I went in this week and the girl at the desk told me "sorry - can't do price adjustments'.  I threw a fit and they ended up doing it.  jerks
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I never received my completion coupon!  

When I've gone in, they've given me a coupon booklet with two "20% off one baby item" coupons, each valid a different week.  If you have big ticket items, I'd suggest going to buy something small now to get the book and getting several of the coupons if you can wait for the bigger things!

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That's why I made sure to bump my date up by a few weeks just to make sure I got it in time. You can use the completion coupon with other coupons (like the 20% off ones they give out all the time).

*Happy 10th* You might be able to go in and tell them you never recieved it. If you have a good BRU, they might give you your coupon still.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I never got mine, so when I was in the store I told them and they gave me a ton of those 20% off coupons to make up for it.  
    Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageDandaLion:

That's why I made sure to bump my date up by a few weeks just to make sure I got it in time.

This is what I did too.

BTW -- keep in mind that this coupon ONLY applies to items still on your registry. So if there are other items you want/need, add them on there before you go shopping.

• I never used mine, only used the 20 % off coupons and that was a huge savings !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"