Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Showering w/ baby?

I haven't done it but I was thinking about it after the, growing out of the infant tub, post.  We only have a shower and so we installed a large, single tub, sink in the kitchen so we use that.  I guess I just was wondering if you can shower with a baby or is it a risk for ear infections due to water getting in them.  I kept thinking, well I can't put my silky terrier in the shower so I probably can't put the baby in there either lol. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Showering w/ baby?

• We shower with LO and have for a few months.

The one thing is she is REALLY slippery.

• I shower with Aidan sometimes. And Mike takes him from me when I'm finished washing him, and then I finish up my shower. My advice its to have the caps open so you aren't fiddling with them while holding baby, and of course be careful since wet babes are slippery. Other than that it's fun and Aidan loves it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    http://i41.tinypic.com/111ov4j.jpg
    2007-Sept 2008: TTC the old fashioned way
    Sept 2008 - Jan 2009: Clomid 100mg
    Feb 2009: 200mg Clomid = BFP! on March 20, 2009 - It's a BOY!
    Nov 26th 2009: Aidan Michael, 20.5" 7lb12oz
    Feb 2010: Start TTC again, the old fashioned way
    Mar - June 2011: Clomid 100mg
    July 2011: Unmedicated cycle = BFP! on August 29th, 2011
    Nov 6th 2011: m/c due to subchorionic hematoma
    Dec 2011: Start TTC again, unmedicated
    February 12th, 2012: BFP! EDD 10/23/12
    Mar 12th 2012: diagnosed as blighted ovum
    Trying again..
  • Loading the player...
  • My cousin takes their LO in the shower. She said holds him with a hand towel so he isn't so slippery. Our pedi said not to worry about about water in their ears too much, but I don't think I would be holding his head under the shower.
  • We sometimes shower with Jack, but I never do it alone as he gets really slippery.  I don't put his face in the water at all because that just leads to screams.  Other than that he seems to enjoy it as much as baths.
    Jack Donovan, b. Christmas Eve, 2009.

imagemonkeybuttjunction image

• DH showers with him, he doesn't trust me to do it though!  I've never thought about water in his ears, but he gets a shower once or twice a week and has only had one ear infection.

I also take my dachshunds in the shower, but they have floppy ears :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenicolebuchalla:
    I shower with Aidan sometimes. And Mike takes him from me when I'm finished washing him, and then I finish up my shower. My advice its to have the caps open so you aren't fiddling with them while holding baby, and of course be careful since wet babes are slippery. Other than that it's fun and Aidan loves it!

This exactly.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We don't, but not for any particular reason. My parents did it with my brother and I though. My mom said she would use a blow dryer on low to quickly dry our ears to prevent any water from staying in our ears/ infections.
  • Showering with him is a hassle. I like filling up the tub and letting him hang out there with me. We play, I clean him up, and then pass him to papa, and then I usually turn on the shower and finish up. Our bathtub is super tiny, so I'm no wasting too much water.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Adding I also do it with the help of DH, we trade off.
  • I used to shower with my older son all the time. I'd just lay a towel on the floor of the tub, and angle the water so it wouldn't hit him while I was washing up.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagea_brasuell:
    I haven't done it but I was thinking about it after the, growing out of the infant tub, post.  We only have a shower and so we installed a large, single tub, sink in the kitchen so we use that.  I guess I just was wondering if you can shower with a baby or is it a risk for ear infections due to water getting in them.  I kept thinking, well I can't put my silky terrier in the shower so I probably can't put the baby in there either lol. 

Um...I have a silky terrier...and I bathe him in the shower. He's great about it. I just get in with him, lather him up, pick him up and rinse, then step out and towel him off. I put towels down on the floor for him to rub on while I finish bathing myself.

The baby I wouldn't shower with until he was a toddler probably, and if you were concerned about ear infections, you could use ear plugs like one might for swimming.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"