Babies: 0 - 3 Months

moving LO to own room?

When is a good age to move LO to her own room? I don't want to do it too soon, but also don't want to let her stay with us and get used to it.

Re: moving LO to own room?

• We did it right away with both children.  I don't think there is a "right" time, just what is right for your family.
  • With our son we did 3 months...with our daughter we did day 8~ lol...she sleeps much better in her own room and sleeps longer! My son was scared of being alone so it was a tough transition for him, I wish I would have done it earlier!
  • Loading the player...
  • She wouldn't sleep longer than 30 minutes in the PnP in our room, so she moved into her own room right away. Sucks because her nursery is upstairs and our room is downstairs, but now shes sleeping longer so its getting better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think there's a specific age, but I want to move DS to his nursery before I go back to work in 5 weeks.  I feel that at 3 months it'll be a lot easier of a transition than at say 6 months.  Right now he's still waking up every 2.5-3 hours at night to eat so it's just easier to have him in the PNP in our room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBabyFruit Ticker
  • imagewill'sbeachprincess:
      I feel that at 3 months it'll be a lot easier of a transition than at say 6 months.

I felt the same way.  It's been one week of crib sleeping for us, it took 2 1/2 nights on the nursery floor for me. 

• I'd say when your LO is sleeping longer at night, when anyone's sleeping is being interrupted too much, or depending on distance from your room. With my girls I moved them at 3 weeks and 6 weeks, because their bedroom's were a room away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"