Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Anyone have a SCREAMER?

I take care of my 9 month old nephew during the week while my sister is at work.  And the boy SCREAMS like no other.  He's not upset - but I guess out of either frustration or even elation, he has a very annoying, ear piercing, shrill & high-pitched scream and he does it constantly.  Long screams, short bursts of screams, etc.  I'm guessing that could also be his way of "communication?"

I'm sure there's no way to get him to stop - I've tried to hush him, but it seems to only make him scream more.  My sister says he does it at home too, in public, etc.  Does anyone else have a baby that screams? It's gotten to the point where he wakes the other child I watch as well as my own infant. :o(

Re: Anyone have a SCREAMER?

• yikes that sounds hard to deal with! kyle has been screaming the past few nights- i wish these dang top teeth would come in already. hope your nephew gets passed this stage quick!
  • I have SEVERAL young cousins like that...some grew out of it by age 6...the others are still younger then that so I guess there is hope!  I can however tell when DS has spent more time with them then normal b/c he starts to think that is ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is way late but I just wanted to say that I am in the exact same boat. I watch 2 other babies and one of them is a screamer & always wakes the other 2. Wish I had a solution!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"