2nd Trimester

Professional maternity photos & maternity modeling

I was just curious if any of you have decided yet whether you're going to do any maternity photos of your beautiful pregnant bodies?  Or if you've done them already!  I know I plan to!  I'm very excited about it & I am currently scoping photographers to do some nice artistic photos of me & my DH.  I would love to have some black & whites & some semi-nude or implied nude pictures!  My DH won't get naked, but he will probably take his shirt off, at least!  I wouldn't expect him to.  I have looked online at some absolutely amazing artistic maternity photos & it's just a beautiful thing!  Anyway.  What are your plans for documenting this amazing process our bodies are going through?  I'd love to know!  And if you didn't have any, maybe this could inspire you?  Can't wait for your responses!

Re: Professional maternity photos & maternity modeling

• not a fan of the semi or implied nude maternity pics. I don't know why everyone wants to be Demi Moore, but its a trend I just don't get. Several of my friends have had them done and plastered them all over their facebook pages. Just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not a person who would pose for pics semi nude NOT pregnant, so why would I do it now? I will be having professional pics taken, but no belly shots.
  • I am going to! I have gotten LOTS of praise for my belly (I am thankful they think my belly looks nice... my boobs are covered in stretchmarks, unfortunately...) I am allowing several students who are building their portfolios at my college to shoot me- good for me and them!!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be having professional maternity shots taken! I'm not doing implied nude or semi-nude (besides my bare belly), but I do think those shots are beautiful when done tastefully. I hope yours turn out great and I definitely commend you for having the guts to go implied/semi nude! Good for you!
  • imagenicole112709:
    not a fan of the semi or implied nude maternity pics. I don't know why everyone wants to be Demi Moore, but its a trend I just don't get. Several of my friends have had them done and plastered them all over their facebook pages. Just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not a person who would pose for pics semi nude NOT pregnant, so why would I do it now? I will be having professional pics taken, but no belly shots.

This.

We're getting maternity photos fully clothed. I will wear something that is form fitting though so my bump isn't hidden.

• LCB34LCB34 member

imagenicole112709:
    not a fan of the semi or implied nude maternity pics. I don't know why everyone wants to be Demi Moore, but its a trend I just don't get. Several of my friends have had them done and plastered them all over their facebook pages. Just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not a person who would pose for pics semi nude NOT pregnant, so why would I do it now? I will be having professional pics taken, but no belly shots.

I feel the same way.

We aren't sure if we will do maternity pictures because I don't see us displaying them and can't see paying so much for good quality pictures that just collect dust.

• I'm totally having maternity shots done; I think they're beautiful!! I will be going back to my wedding photographer. She said that around the 6 month mark is perfect as I'm big enough to look quite pregnant, but not big enough that I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

I can't wait to see them!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do love the artistic implied nude & nude photos when done tastefully.  The pregnant body is very beautiful to me & I see nothing wrong with a woman wanting to show her beautiful curves in an artistic manner.  Not everyone is going to agree with it or think it's beautiful and that's perfectly fine.  To each their own.  Thanks, ladies!  I love getting people's feedback on stuff like this! 

• I didn't have them done with DD and I really don't think I'm going to do it this time either.  I would much rather spend that money on professional newborn and family portraits when baby arrives.  I also cannot imagine hanging semi nude pictures of myself in our home. 

If I do change my mind and have them done it will be later in the early fall and a good friend will take them for us outdoors. 

• imagesilversunshine:

I do love the artistic implied nude & nude photos when done tastefully.  The pregnant body is very beautiful to me & I see nothing wrong with a woman wanting to show her beautiful curves in an artistic manner.  Not everyone is going to agree with it or think it's beautiful and that's perfectly fine.  To each their own.  Thanks, ladies!  I love getting people's feedback on stuff like this! 

Who are you wanting to show these curves to? You won't catch me showing my naked ass to anyone but DH(and the delivery room staff)

I agree that the pregnant body is beautiful, and this is a time that DH and I will always remember, but what do you plan to do with these pictures? Would you put them up in your house?  Just seems kinda like a AW move to me.

• Some of the maternity photos I have seen are beautiful but I don't understand what you will do with them? I can't imagine hanging them up.....so, in a few years will they be in the back of some closet? I can see taking a photos of yourself pregnant to show your child later but regular everyday photos seem fine to me.....but to each her own! I will save the professional photos for the baby!

• I think it's really cool that you want to do this and I hope you find a photographer that does a fantastic job capturing this time in your life- it's awesome!  I used to have lots of photographer friends when I lived in the city and hung out with artists- and those pictures are treasured.  I'm actually active with our local photo club- but due to small town/ privacy issues- I wouldn't want to work with any of them- and I can't afford to hire someone right now- but I would do it in a heartbeat if I could.
  • I agree with Nicole. Also fyi, most "maternity models" are not pg women. My friend's sister was a model for A Pea in A Pod, she was probably a size two and they just gave her a fake bump. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • These replies make me so sad.

slwhatley- What are you even doing with the Beatles in your avatar?

• We're doing a professional maternity photos-- but fully clothed (maybe bare belly). But that's it. DH and I try to take professional photo every year, and we didn't take one last year because we were so busy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did this with our first. The most risque was with me in a white lace shirt and jeans, but the shirt was unbuttoned to show my beautiful belly and some had DH listening to my belly and kissing it. Very beautiful, but we only have them in our bedroom and son's baby book. Can't really display them is the only downside. I did it once, but did not do it for number 2, nor will I do it for #3.
  • Everyone has their own opinion & is entitled to it, but disrespect is something, I suppose will never die.  I choose not to disrepect anyone for anything they find enjoyment in.  I realize not everyone thinks this way, though.  Thank you to those of you who had nice things to say, whether you agree with what others choose to do or not.  As for the rest, you have your opinion & I have mine.  We can agree to disagree.  I hope all of you ladies have beautiful, healthy babies!
  • I totally agree! I was a nude art model for three years and would always dream of the day when I was pregnant and could get some artsy photos done and in black and white especially.  I also want my DH to join. He's all tatted up and I think nude pics of us together done tastefully will be awesome reminders of our youth and this time together! I have a friend that was one of the photographers at our wedding who is going to do my maternity shots. We're planning to do some clothed to semi nude outside nature ones and some b/w inside couple ones.  He's always wanted to shoot me and my husband.Let me know if you need a referral!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagenicole112709:
    not a fan of the semi or implied nude maternity pics. I don't know why everyone wants to be Demi Moore, but its a trend I just don't get. Several of my friends have had them done and plastered them all over their facebook pages. Just rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not a person who would pose for pics semi nude NOT pregnant, so why would I do it now? I will be having professional pics taken, but no belly shots.

I agree with this post. But I respect your decision. To each her own. I wouldn't take nude pics at all. I did some when I was 17 they were nice beautiful tasteful ones...and my boyfriend at that time took them, well his Uncle and dad ended up seeing them. I found out after we broke up and asked for them back, and needless to say...they umm Had a good time with my pics... I know tmi but...yes I learned my lesson with taking nude pics. I will probably have my photographer take some nice clothed ones though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"