Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I just called DH's family out on Facebook.

Long story short--DH's family that live nearby (3 cousins and their spouses, 2 uncles and an aunt) have not done CRAP for us since Elijah has been born.  Come to think of it, they didn't do crap after Samuel was born either, but that was forgiveable seeing as how we lived 3 hours away.  Anyways, one of DH's cousins who lives out of the area had his first child today--the first great-granddaughter for DH's family (there are 7 great-grandsons, including mine).  One of DH's other cousins who lives in our area posts on that cousin's Facebook a HUGE congratulations (we're still waiting on ours, 5 months later) and says that "with 5 boy cousins, she doesn't stand a chance." 

Sorry, I flipped my lid.  It's not normally my style to call anyone out on Facebook, but I politely reminded this particular cousin, for all the world to see, that there are 7 boy cousins and to please not forget my munchkins.   What a crock!  Stupid woman!

DH and I have so much sucky family between us.  I would KILL to be one of those people where family helps out/lives nearby/gets excited over every milestone.  I long for that.  

Re: I just called DH's family out on Facebook.

• How can she just forget about your boys?  That is crazy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageAMYfromKY:
    How can she just forget about your boys?  That is crazy!

Thanks, I was hoping it wasn't my PMS that made me a little nuts.  

And BTW, I ADORE Henry's squishy butt in his cloth diaper in this picture.  What an angel.  I just got 6 new Thirsties Duo wraps today and just love the way my little guys look in their CDs.  So loveable and squishy.  

• Loading the player...
  • That sucks.

You little guys are adorable by the way! Too cute.

"Great hearts steadily send forth the secret forces that incessantly draw great events." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~ Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSamsMom91:

Long story short--DH's family that live nearby (3 cousins and their spouses, 2 uncles and an aunt) have not done CRAP for us since Elijah has been born.  Come to think of it, they didn't do crap after Samuel was born either, but that was forgiveable seeing as how we lived 3 hours away.  Anyways, one of DH's cousins who lives out of the area had his first child today--the first great-granddaughter for DH's family (there are 7 great-grandsons, including mine).  One of DH's other cousins who lives in our area posts on that cousin's Facebook a HUGE congratulations (we're still waiting on ours, 5 months later) and says that "with 5 boy cousins, she doesn't stand a chance." 

Sorry, I flipped my lid.  It's not normally my style to call anyone out on Facebook, but I politely reminded this particular cousin, for all the world to see, that there are 7 boy cousins and to please not forget my munchkins.   What a crock!  Stupid woman!

DH and I have so much sucky family between us.  I would KILL to be one of those people where family helps out/lives nearby/gets excited over every milestone.  I long for that.  

Are you living my life?! LOL. I just flipped my own lid a couple of days ago on DH because of his cousins who live in our same area as well! Long story short, DH's cousin had DD#2, one week later I had my DD#1 and 1 month later my sister in law had DD#2. Dh's cousin of course has everyone eating out of the palm of her hand since she is the first baby in that family. I have yet to hear ANY congrats on our DD or ANY comments on our pics of her but my Sister in law gives birth and they all flock to her. I was seriuosly heartbroken. Although it sucks, its kind of nice to know that i'm not the only one with a SUCKY extended family.

• I thank God everyday for my totally AWESOME mom.  My aunt and uncles (on my mom's side) are a totally different story though!  I totally feel your pain!
  • imageSamsMom91:

How unbearably rude! I am so, so sorry to hear this... you have every right to say something here. 

Your boys are absolutely precious! 

• Maybe I missed something, but how do you know it was yours they missed since they only provided a number?  I'm not defending them, but this might be their defense.  

People are weird sometimes, but don't let them interfere in you baby bliss.  Your hapinness is too important to let people/haters affect it.  Your baby is adorable and you are lucky that you are all healthy (i hope you're healthy), that alone should make you happy.  

I know it's easier said than done, but blow them off and concentrate on those people who are there for you.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"