3rd Trimester

Anyone know a varicose vein solution?

I have a varicose vein in the back of my left knee.  Since I've been pregnant, it bugs me pretty bad if I sit for too long.  Besides getting up and walking around, anyone know of any at-home remedies or fixes for the pain?

And what's this I hear about some kind of injection you can get to completely get rid of them? Anyone know about this?

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
"Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy

Re: Anyone know a varicose vein solution?

• IDK about any home remedies, but there is an injection that you can get (Im guessing most docs wont do it while your preg though) but it paralizes the vein and you can pretty much see them dissapear within seconds after the injection. If it is really bothering you ask your Dr if there is anything you can do.
  • You should show your OB it. But, also, I have a horrible one on my thigh, and JOBST control pantyhose are the only thing that help. If I don't wear them, I am in major pain throughout the day. The are extremely tight, they measure the pressure in mercury so you should ask your OB what pressure to get. Don't bother with the ones at Motherhood etc if you have a bad v. vein, they really won't help. GL! Oh, I got the thigh highs, so I only have to wear one on one leg.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked my OB about it, he was just like, "oh well, if it really starts to bother you, let us know."

And since I work retail pharmacy, I'm standing most of the day.  It's when I'm home sitting around that it bugs me.  So it's not debilitating or anything yet, just irritating.

I'm definitely going to ask about the injection after LO is born.  Maybe they can hook me up with that while I'm still in the hospital.

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • TED hose. They are what nurse where under their scrubs.You can get them from a uniform shop. They are mostly prophylactic.
  • Compression stockings for sure! I have bad varicose veins all over both legs and have worn them throughout this pregnancy and my last. They help so much! I have much less pain and when I went to have a vein ultrasound series done, the doc told me my veins were actually healthier than last time. Talk to your doc.... they were a lifesaver for me! GL!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I wrapped mine with an Ace bandage (it was on my upper thigh). It went away right after DS was born. My doc said it was from the weight of the uterus pushing down on the veins in my legs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"