3rd Trimester

Question for big boobied mamas...

My boobs are killing me. I think it's the wire in my bra. But all the wireless bras I've tried on make my boobs look like a saggy mess. I'm a 38DD now. Do you have a wireless bra you recommend? I seriously will tap into savings for this, lol. I need to set these puppies free!

Re: Question for big boobied mamas...

• Unfortunately I've yet to find a wire free bra that's supportive enough (I'm also 38 DD right now). A well constructed sports bra may help, though I find they don't often give a nice shape. Post when/if you find anything. I'd be interested to know, particularly if it's a nursing bra. 
  • I was a 40DD and just went to a 42DD during pg.  I bought some $15 bras from target and they are actually the best bras I've ever had - and they have underwire.  I don't remember the brand/name right now and I'm at work and cant check but if you want to PM me or page me tonight I can let you know later
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have bought a Bravado nursing bra, the support is good, the shape isn't as nice as a good underwire bra but it isn't awful and the relief and comfort is worth it!! You can google Bravado to find their website, and I believe it can give you a list of retailers that carry them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Victoria's Secret has an amazing bra that's not wireless, but gives the same idea of support. And now I can't find the bra to give you the name.

But here's my advice when shopping for bras - look for material in the cup that is very "sturdy". It can be on the thicker end of material, but it helps give support. Also, look for the band to come up a bit higher. It'll take some getting used to but worth it to not have the underwire pain.

• Victoria Secret has a wonderful wireless, they're pricy but worth it!! It's in the "Body by Victoria" line!  Thay are all I wear, all others I've tried are terribly uncomfy imo!
  • I have one of each of these and like them:

https://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=50475&CatID=53865&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=1693fd9&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=50475|51221&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=10&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=50475|51221|53865

https://www.apeainthepod.com/Product.asp?product_Id=194500361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29

I'm a 40DD at this point and both of them work well.  The one from a Pea in the Pod is a little more comfortable but the one from JCPenney is a little more padded and I think gives a little better shape to the ladies. 

• I got a bravado bra from diapers.com and they delivered overnight---and i LOVE it. I'm a 40F. And I was having the worst time trying to get anything comfortable. So I bought one of these because I've heard good news about them. And I can say this is the only bra that I actually like to keep on.

https://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productId=14251

If you have any coupons from diapers.com for like 10 dollars off from any magazines for diapers/wipes you can add a pack of diapers with your order and then put in the coupon code and you'll get the diapers for free. :) And its free shipping.

GL!

• i'm a 38dd currently, and i got the ugliest bra ever from kohls. yeah, but it's comfy and doesn't make my boobs look soooo bad.
  • thanks for suggestions ladies! I'll look into those. Elwin, I know what you mean about the sports bras. They give me a uniboob, lol.
  • I haven't expanded much boob wise during this (or the previous) pregnancy but during my 1st, I switched to the VS Wireless IPEX and haven't looked back.  They only go up to a 38D and I think I could probably use a DD on the left but I squeeze her in.  I probably will never go back to a wired bra.  I'm hoping in a few years to have a reduction/evening out b/c they are totally 2 different sizes ALWAYS.
    Megan--Mommy to Owen 1.10.07 and Gibson 5.11.10
  • I have 2 of these and I love them.

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=993890122&MasterCategory_Id=MC13

I'm a 40 DD and I got the XL.

DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • I just posted about this exact thing on a previous thread earlier today.

I bought bras at a specialty store (large size - 34 i, but I was a 32 G pre-preg) that had no underwire and AMAZINGLY still gave me support. its actually a nursing bra. one is the Goddess Comfort Zone Nursing Bra 2050. The other is Freya Dotty Soft Cup Nursing Bra AA2034. The boutique I go to specifically orders from the warehouse of https://www.biggerbras.com/ where you can find these bras online. They give great tips on how to measure yourself, etc, and what size you should be ordering. Good luck! Just go to the 'Browse Types' link, and search for nursing/maternity bras. Life saver!

• I live in sports bras. I'm up to a 38 G and have found that sports bras are the only thing that will keep them under control and offer support.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Say no to uni-boob!  I am typically a 36 D on a regular day but prego boobs are about 38DD and sometimes spilling over that.  I would say Victorias Secret is the way to go.  I hate underwire but if you get the good ones, you aren't getting poked as much.  Or if you can, check out Nordstroms (they're just about the same price).  They have great bra ladies there and they are usually very helpful.  I cried in the middle of VS with my first one, I went from a 36A to a 36DD in about 3 weeks.  I barely wore a bra before baby #1.  Yay for big boobs :)

• I also just want to say that I was going to Victoria's Secret for bras and assumed that since DD was the largest there, that I could not possibly be bigger. So I figured, maybe I'm not a 36, maybe I'm a 38? But that didn't fit right either.

When I got professionally fitted, I realized I was actually a 32, and that the cup size was much larger than I ever thought possible. Bras are much more expensive being large breasted, but it is WELL WORTH IT to get correctly fitted at a specialty store, or at Nordstrom's (where they carry larger sizes). Victoria's Secret tried cramming me in DDs that just didn't fit because they wanted to make a sale, instead of telling me that I really should go to a specialty store.

If VS works for you, then that's great! But I'm wondering if you're not really a 38DD, maybe you are small in the waist and larger in the cups like I was. It made such a difference... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"