3rd Trimester

moms of 2 or more- gifts from older DC to new baby?

Are you having your older DC give the new baby a gift?  We have a gift for DD from us/new baby that we will give her at the hospital when she comes to visit me, and i'd really like for her to give him something as well.  But, i have no idea what to get...we have soooo many stuffed animals that i hesitate to get another one.  Yet that seems like a nice, sweet gift for a 2 year old to give. 

Any other ideas?

Re: moms of 2 or more- gifts from older DC to new baby?

• I only plan to buy a gift for DS from the baby.  Not the other way around.  

DS is the one that will be adjusting to life with a sibling and I don't want him to feel like he isn't loved anymore or that he is being replaced (not that a gift will prove all that, but it sure will help in his mind! ;)

We're getting him a new Thomas train and a little indoor soccer net (for the soccer ball that he is obsessed with!) 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• We are having DD (who will be 3 in June) give her new brother a onsie that says "Little Brother"  She loves clothes, so this seems like a good gift for her to give.  I think the stuffed animal is a good idea too.  We are also giving her a gift from us/new baby (a necklace) 

• Loading the player...
  • My doctor suggested the other way.  Give DC a give from baby.  I was thinking of getting my daughter a baby doll.

• We're in the camp of getting something for DD from the new baby.  It's such a big adjustment and DD is so young, I don't want to give her something new just to tell her she has to give it to this new baby that may bring up jealousy issues, anyway.

• imagemrs.jenni:

I only plan to buy a gift for DS from the baby.  Not the other way around.  

DS is the one that will be adjusting to life with a sibling and I don't want him to feel like he isn't loved anymore or that he is being replaced (not that a gift will prove all that, but it sure will help in his mind! ;)

We're getting him a new Thomas train and a little indoor soccer net (for the soccer ball that he is obsessed with!) 

Ditto.  I'm thinking of it as a peace offering from the babe to DD Big Smile
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • We did get some Thomas stuff for DS from the new baby, but also took  DS to Build-A-Bear and he helped us make DD a bear. He is really excited about it. Whenever he see's the box he tells us that thats her bear and says give to baby!! He made himself a bear at the same time...so I think that helped some too!! He will bring the gift to DD to teh hospital and also get his gift there as well.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are doing a gift from the baby to our son and from our son to the baby.  I think it makes them feel special to give a gift as well.  Our son is very interested in piggy banks, and putting money in them :)  so I took him to a paint your own pottery studio, and he painted a piggy bank for his baby sister.  I wanted him to be involved, and he's excited about his gift. 
  • The girls will get Big Sis shirts, baby slings, baby carriers (looks like car seats) and baby monkeys.
  •  

I am giving gifts from and to both.

My DD will be giving her new baby brother a "baby brother" onesie, a muslin blanket, and the Lamaze Jacque the Peacock. 

Baby brother's gift to DD is Mr. Potato Head, a Dora the Explorer book for her to "read" with Tag Jr, and a "big sister's rock" tank top.

I am due near father's day, so I am getting my husband a "Dad...Since 2007" shirt that I purchased from Etsy also. He loves Dad stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"