New to The Bump

Teachers

Are there any teachers out there? When do you think is the best time to try? If you have already have a lo, what did you do to plan for maternity leave? Any teachers that teach classes that are heavily lab based?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Teachers

• You'll probably get some great answers here but if not, try the working moms board.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say summer! You have plenty of time & then you will be pg during the cooler months of the year. That's just my opinion though.
  • I am a teacher and my DS was born in December, and I am now due in December. I thought it was nice because I left after introducing the grading period and came back after it was complete. I wanted to have a baby in April or May so I would have the summer but it didn't work out that way:)
  • I had DD in early Nov.  I had time to teach my kids procedures and some core standards.  I was out until Feb. 24th.  I came back at the perfect time in the year, IMO.

For the next baby, I'm thinking about trying to be due in Feb or March.  That way I'd have a lengthy maternity leave AND all summer.

• DD was born at the beginning of September, so I was only with my students for 1 week.  I was on leave until the beginning of 2nd semester at the end of January.

DS was born at the end of February.  I am on leave now through the end of the school year and will also have summer.

I liked being off during the holidays with DD but only being with my students for 1 week at the beginning of the year was tough.  If I had to do it again I'd shoot for a due date of February or after (like with DS) because then you are out the rest of the year and the summer!

Good luck!
  • I learned all the planning in the world doesn't help! I really wanted a summer baby, but it didn't work out that way. However, now I'm due Thanksgiving day which is actually going to work out great. It gives me the summer to prep baby's room (we find out the sex in early July) and give me 2 "freebie" weeks on maternity leave for Christmas break.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemommy2william:
    I wanted to have a baby in April or May so I would have the summer but it didn't work out that way:)

I really wanted it to be like this too, but we tried for 8 months before getting a BFP, so I am just happy to be pg!  I am slightly nervous because it will only be my second year teaching, but my family comes first :)

Married 10.27.07
    DD 11.20.10
    BFP #2 8.25.12 M/C 9.3.12
    BFP #3 10.25.13 EDD 7.8.14

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • These are great tips and advice ladies, thanks. I know that ideal time would be the summer but its good to hear how others felt during their time and how you felt about the classes. I teach semester middle school family and consumer science (foods,sewing, and skill building). Does any one else teach semester classes or FACS?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehriesen4:

For the next baby, I'm thinking about trying to be due in Feb or March.  That way I'd have a lengthy maternity leave AND all summer.

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehriesen4:

I have a co-worker who just had a baby on Friday and is done for the year, and another co-worker who is due at the end of May. I would love to have a baby around this time of year! I couldn't imagine having a baby at the beginning of the school year and being out on maternity leave. I know it's been done before, but it would be tough to start the school year late.

• We would like to aim for April or May-ish, but we have already started to try.  I don't care when we would actually have a baby, but that we have one.  The worst time of year would be exactly what SunnyGal said about the beginning of the year.  That would not be the ideal situation, but hey like I said before- I just want a baby...

GL.

Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"