Babies: 3 - 6 Months

DD's old clothes

So I was blessed with a large family with deep wallets and an obsession with baby clothes.  I have given bags upon bags of clothes away to Goodwill and a local organization that gives free baby items to needy families.  I have boxes stored of the clothes DD has outgrown that are gender neutral that I want to keep for the next baby.  I also have a small collection of some pink items that either have a unique characteristic or pleasing pattern, but that are too old/worn or flat out girly for me to really want to save.  I want to make a keepsake for DD with them, but I'm having trouble deciding.

I'm torn between making a little shag rug for her room or a small keepsake quilt.  I suppose I could keep saving and make a larger quilt of her first year's clothes, as well.  I've never actually made either of these things, but I'm pretty crafty and I'm pretty sure I can do either.

So decide for me, bump.  Shag rug or quilt?   

bishes be crazy

Re: DD's old clothes

• i personally like the idea of a blanket/quilt

we are making DS one out of his 2 grandfathers clothing he is named after both of them and his namesake DH dad just passed away a year before DS was born so we think it will be cool for him to have.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I say quilt. They are easy to make.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • quilt
    TTC #3 since June 2011. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Quilt
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageamandopolis:

I'm torn between making a little shag rug for her room or a small keepsake quilt.  I suppose I could keep saving and make a larger quilt of her first year's clothes, as well.  I've never actually made either of these things, but I'm pretty crafty and I'm pretty sure I can do either.

So decide for me, bump.  Shag rug or quilt?   

I'm making DS a quilt of his first year's clothes (well, just my favorite not all of them. Though it seems I have a lot of favorites!) so I vote quilt!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"