2. Addison Rose

3. Harlow Greye 

4. Harlow Ariela

These are all family names on my side!  

If its a boy:

1. Maddox Greye

2.  Mark Anson

3. Sidney Greye

Okay if the names suck please tell me! I cant have my child running around with a horrible name!

I know I know My signature says Addison Greye, but Im open to opinions! Right now the name is just pickle because thats been my choice indulgence!  

Re: What about these names!

• Addison is too trendy for me.  Addison Greye also reminds me of Addison, the character on Grey's Anatomy.  I like Harlow. I think I prefer Ariela b/c Harlow is a bit masculine and Ariela is super girly. 

Maddox just reeks Brangelina to me and I always think people who name their kids this are big Brangelina fans.  Sidney is a super popular girl name so I would never use it on a boy.  Mark Anson is a nice, solid boy name.  

• 1. Addison Greye Yes

2. Addison Rose Yes

3. Harlow Greye No

4. Harlow Ariela No

1. Maddox Greye No

2.  Mark Anson Yes

3. Sidney Greye No

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • The only one I would absolutely not use is Sidney for a boy.  I know way too many girls with that name! 
  • imagekuma08:

If its a girl:

1. Addison Greye - Reminds me very much of Grey's Anatomy: Addison Shephard and Meredith Grey.  Also the extra e on the end of Greye- if its a family name ok, but if not seems too extra, but then I really wouldnt' like Grey as a name either.

2. Addison Rose - nice combo

3. Harlow Greye - doesn't seem, IMO, girlish enough

4. Harlow Ariela- I think I would switch them up if it was me

If its a boy:

1. Maddox Greye- I like the name Maddox, one of my friend's sons is named Maddox

2.  Mark Anson- nice and simple

3. Sidney Greye- IMO, seems very aristocratic. I could imagine "Lord Sidney Greye of Beckenshire" being announced for an audience with the Queen.

Okay if the names suck please tell me! I cant have my child running around with a horrible name!

I know I know My signature says Addison Greye, but Im open to opinions! Right now the name is just pickle because thats been my choice indulgence!  

• I really don't like any of them. They are just nms at all.

However, if I had to choose, I would pick Addison Rose and Mark Anson.

Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  •  For the girls i would put it down to these two: Addison Rose or Harlow Ariela.

For the boys i like Mark Anson the most. Mark is nms but if flows well with Anson. I like Maddox but i really dislike your spelling of Grey/Gray the extra e just makes it look awkward imo. And about Sidney...i know tons of little girls named this so i would have to say please dont do this to you son!

• imagelovemytwoboys:

I really don't like any of them. They are just nms at all.

However, if I had to choose, I would pick Addison Rose and Mark Anson.

Ditto.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am over Addison, so pick Harlow by default - although it is NMS. I agree with pp to have a very feminine name with it. 

For boys, I like Mark Anson. Maddox is too trendy and Sidney has been used too much for girls.  

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Thanks Ladies! I should have mentioned that my first name is Austin and my Grandmothers name is Harlow and my mothers name is Addison, so I cant get away from the strong names!

So much to think about !  

• I like all you girl names! I like Harlow Ariela the best. If you go with Addison, I prefer Addison Rose.

The Maddox Greye is my favorite of your boy names. Mark Anson is nice too. Sidney Greye is nms, but I also don't tend to like unisex names.

Good luck choosing a name! :-)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think both of your girl names are pretty trendy... I think of Grey's Anatomy with Addison and Nicole Ritchie's daugther with Harlow.  Maddox is a little trendy, too (Angelina Jolie's son) and I'm not a huge fan of Sidney.  Mark is nice though!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • No to all the girl name options.  I know Addison and Harlow are trendy, but I always think of negative things when i hear them -- Addison's Disease, or the word "harlot," neither of which are things I'd want associated with a cute baby girl....  Sorry.

No to Maddox (it's ok, but trendy and associated with Brangelina) and Sidney.  Mark Anson is nice.

• I say Mark for a boy and Addison Rose for a girl. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Addison Rose, Mark Anson
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Addison Greye   No

2. Addison Rose    Yes

3. Harlow Greye    No

4. Harlow Ariela    Yes

1. Maddox Greye    Yes

2.  Mark Anson     No

3. Sidney Greye   No

* DD1 1.18.04 * DD2 1.22.06 * DS 10.2.07 * DD3 8.19.10 * *Happiness keeps you sweet, trials keep you strong, sorrows keep you human, failures keep you humble, success keeps you glowing, but only God keeps you going.*
  • If its a girl:

1. Addison Greye - Okay

2. Addison Rose - Yes

3. Harlow Greye  - Yes

4. Harlow Ariela - NMS

If its a boy:

1. Maddox Greye - NMS

2.  Mark Anson - Yes

3. Sidney Greye - I think Sidney is horrible, sorry

• 1. Addison Greye - sorry, not crazy about the "greye"

2. Addison Rose - cute

3. Harlow Greye - same comment about the "greye"

4. Harlow Ariela - pretty

1. Maddox Greye - no - i think of angelina's maddox - too trendy

2.  Mark Anson - i like this

3. Sidney Greye - not crazy about sidney

• I dislike every single one of the first and middle names except Mark.
  • Addison is overused. I'd go with Harlow.

Maddox is okay I guess. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • For girls I like Addison Greye or Harlow Ariela and for boys Mark Anson or Maddox Greye!!    GOOD LUCKSmile
  • For girls I like Addison Greye or Harlow Ariela and for boys Mark Anson or Maddox Greye!!    GOOD LUCKSmile
  • imageGulfCoaster:

No to all the girl name options.  I know Addison and Harlow are trendy, but I always think of negative things when i hear them -- Addison's Disease, or the word "harlot," neither of which are things I'd want associated with a cute baby girl....  Sorry.

No to Maddox (it's ok, but trendy and associated with Brangelina) and Sidney.  Mark Anson is nice.

LOL I will let my grandmother know that her name is that of a harlot... I love it! She will love it too!  

• imagekuma08:
    imageGulfCoaster:

No to all the girl name options.  I know Addison and Harlow are trendy, but I always think of negative things when i hear them -- Addison's Disease, or the word "harlot," neither of which are things I'd want associated with a cute baby girl....  Sorry.

LOL I will let my grandmother know that her name is that of a harlot... I love it! She will love it too!  

I'm just telling you what word immediately comes to my mind when I hear the name.  No offense to your grandma intended.  Lol.

• I haven't read any responses yet, but I bet you got a comment about Addison Greye reminding people of Addison on Grey's Anatomy. I know it's your first choice name, so if you love it, use it, but I am not a fan of the name Addison. Too trendy for my liking.

I do like Harlow, though. I think it would sound good with Greye or Rose.

I'm not in love with any of your boy choices. Of course Maddox makes me think of Angelina Jolie's son, and I would assume that's where you got the name.

Mark is a little boring, but it's my favorite of your choices for a boy.

I actually like Sidney, but for a girl.

I don't think anything on your list is terrible, so no matter what you go with, I don't think you will have a kid running around with a horrible name. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageSarahL77:

I haven't read any responses yet, but I bet you got a comment about Addison Greye reminding people of Addison on Grey's Anatomy. I know it's your first choice name, so if you love it, use it, but I am not a fan of the name Addison. Too trendy for my liking.

I do like Harlow, though. I think it would sound good with Greye or Rose.

I'm not in love with any of your boy choices. Of course Maddox makes me think of Angelina Jolie's son, and I would assume that's where you got the name.

Mark is a little boring, but it's my favorite of your choices for a boy.

I actually like Sidney, but for a girl.

I don't think anything on your list is terrible, so no matter what you go with, I don't think you will have a kid running around with a horrible name. :)

C) All of the above

• Harlow is not good.  Harlow = harlot.  That's just plain mean.  

Maddox sounds pretentious.  I like the others. 

• Harlow Rose and Greye (is that a family spelling?  If not, I like Grey) Anson.
  • The only one I like is Mark. It's rarely used anymore. Nice classic name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"