Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Swollen?

My feet and legs are so swollen. I never had swelling when I was pregnant. I've tried everything...propping my feet up, increasing water, cutting salt. Is this normal? Any other tips?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swollen?

• I had a massive case of cankles from all the fluids I was on in the hospital.  All of a sudden after about 4 days it went away.  Its normal.  Propping your feet up will help
  • i swelled up a lot after i had my baby recently and it def took a while for it to start going away. my doc said it was pretty normal and i just had to rest and drink lots of fluids.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you seeing stars or feeling dizzy?  Im just asking b/c I developed pre-e after delivery and had to be put on magnesium sulfate. 
  • imagekellialayne:
    Are you seeing stars or feeling dizzy?  Im just asking b/c I developed pre-e after delivery and had to be put on magnesium sulfate. 

I had one little spell of feeling dizzy the other day. Not seeing any stars though. Maybe after this weekend if it's not down I should call my doc.

• I had swelling on my left side of my body after the delivery. Since I am impatient I took a over the counter diuretic. It helped a lot
  • I don't have an answer, I just wanted to say congrats on having your LO!  You delivered the day after me, so I must of missed the announcement!
  • I had this too from the fluids I was on as well.  I was already wearing compression stockings for varicose veins during pregnancy, so I just continued to wear them.  Keep your feet up, drink lots of water, and it will go away after a few days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"