Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

is this diarrhea? should I call the doc?

DD is 10 days old.  She is formula fed.  Initially she pooped after every feeding.  Last 2 days she pooped only 1 time a day.  Today she has passed watery stools 3 times in 6 hours.

3 pm- feeding, pooped almost immediately, watery stools.

4 pm- pooped with farting sounds.

6 pm- feeding, pooped immediately, passed watery stools with farting sounds.

She seems happy and is alseep and seems in no discomfort.  It is after hours at the doctors office.

Should I call them?

thanks in advance

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: is this diarrhea? should I call the doc?

• Options
    i was just going to post something along the same line. she has been on formula for 2 weeks and this is just starting...
  • Options
    I'm going to say no.  My baby is BF so until we started solids his poops were like water.  The reason I'm saying it's probably not is because diarrhea does not mean watery stools.  It means FREQUENT watery stools...as in 10-20 times a day.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks, i am just worried because this is unlike her pattern from the 1st week.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemela-sha:
    thanks, i am just worried because this is unlike her pattern from the 1st week.

Definitely.  I called the Dr all the time the first month.  Obviously if you think she is acting sick, has a rectal temp of over 100.4 (it's so easy to take- just a little ky jelly on a thermometer and only put the tip in), or looks dehydrated (sunken in soft spot, dry tongue, sunken in eyes) call the pediatrician! 

• Options
    Oh and always remember there is an after hours line for a reason.  They won't ever think you are weird or stupid for calling it.  
  • Options

I wouldn't worry too much if she's not acting sick or doesn't have a temp. My LO always poos with farting noises...it's comically loud. It can get pretty watery and I worried at first but the texture can change from day to day and he seems just fine. I EBF but I don't know if that makes a difference.

If you're really worried, call the doc. It's worth the peace of mind.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"