Baby Names

wierd names

What is the weirdest name you have ever heard?

I used to work with an Etoy (e-toy)

and a Cinnamon Dollar

They turned out to be really great friends, with exciting names! Big Smile

Re: wierd names

• A little boy named Capability.
  • Loading the player...
  • Knathan (Nathan with a silent "K")

Johnnifer (twin brother to Jennifer, high school friends of DH's)

Ronathan (combo of Ronald & Jonathan, a client of DH's a few years ago)

Orangello & Lemongello - true story, my mom knows these kids!! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I am waiting for someone to claim to know someone with these names, or La-a, Sh!thead, etc...it never fails in these posts)

• imageLisaMichelle4512:
    La-a...you pronounce the dash...Luh-dash-uh. I didn't actally know this person, but heard of it from a fellow teacher who I believe also heard it from someone else.

I've also heard of a La-a from a teacher friend!  I hope hope hope there is only one of these poor children in the world!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
  • Ok, I was kidding about Orangello & Lemongello!  That is an urban legend.  So is La-a. 
  • I have a friend who named his son Dragon (not joking)

My DH's cousin named her kids Talon, Justus, Jak-Jin (they call him Jin)

• I met a Princess Prince once - I asked if Prince was her married name. Nope.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I was a camp counselor we had a little girl named 'Treasure'.  I also know someone named Rotciv (victor backwards) Tongue Tied
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Marijuana Pepsi Cola

She went to my high school. She's even been featured on CNN about "weird names".

I think a lot of people thought she was an urban myth, but she exists! I swear!

• I'm pretty sure Le-a is an urban myth. 

I knew some kids who were ALL named after their father, Benjamin - Benjamin Jr. (normal), Benjameshia and Benjamaine.

DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • imagefitnessgirl630:
    When I was a camp counselor we had a little girl named 'Treasure'.  I also know someone named Rotciv (victor backwards) Tongue Tied

My little sister has a girl in her class named Treasure! lol

DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • Cinnamon DollarIndifferent that's ...unique! I know a little girl named payshence, like patience but yeah spelled like that.
  • imageSo Long Astoria:

Marijuana Pepsi Cola

She went to my high school. She's even been featured on CNN about "weird names".

I read about her on cnn.com. There were a couple of other names mentioned with her but I can't remember them. 

• I little girl who was in my friend's class had this name

Queen Messiah God Jesus Christ. She never met the parents, the foster mother eventually adopted her and the Messiah God (MN) and Jesus Christ (Last name) got dropped. 

"Even miracles take a little time"

• My hubby once responded to call where something was wrong with a young boy. He asked the mother of the child what the boy's name was and she said "Semaj" (SEE-MA-J) and he said "what?" and she told him again, this went back and forth and she finally said with a big attitude like he was stupid...."It's James backwards!" and looked at him like he was the idiot lol
  • This is not an urban legend, although y'all might think it is.

I was shopping in Sears one day and I kept looking at the girl's name tag thinking it was missing a vowel...Tsha. I asked her how to pronounce her name and she said "Tee-Shu"

I also worked with a Sha (pronounced Shay), she got mad at people for calling her Shaah.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • imageSo Long Astoria:

Marijuana Pepsi Cola

I saw that on CNN!  Isn't she a guidance counselor? 

I went to school with Tswj.  It's pronounced "Two". 

• A ton, but Sparkle Sweet always comes to mind. Oh, and Tree-Anne and Tiger Lily (both from New Paltz, NY).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I was grading tests yesterday and the student's name was Star Saviour.  /sigh.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• I've also worked with a Kitsel Outlaw. 
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Elae--Little boy pronounced L.A.

• imageklafle3:

imagefitnessgirl630:
    When I was a camp counselor we had a little girl named 'Treasure'.  I also know someone named Rotciv (victor backwards) Tongue Tied

My little sister has a girl in her class named Treasure! lol

I grew up with a girl named Treasure. And what a treasure she was...Surprise

• My friend babysat for a lady named Sparkle, and my DH's nephew has an in-law that named her son Caraig. Like Craig but with a 'Ca' in front. Ugliest name i've ever heard.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagegridlock48:
    My friend babysat for a lady named Sparkle, and my DH's nephew has an in-law that named her son Caraig. Like Craig but with a 'Ca' in front. Ugliest name i've ever heard.

I know a couple people with Caraig as a last name, but they pronounce it Care-ig. Does she pronounce it like Cuh-reg? That's pretty awful, haha. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I teach English in Asia, and I have come across some weird names.  This post has lots of stranger ones, though.  Most of the times, the names I have are just misplaced/poor choices for names.   For example, men named "Cow" "Mad" "Joker" "Anew" etc.  Girls named "Kinky" "Apple" "Coin" "Hebe" (supposedly pronounced Heebie).    
  • Three-in-One ----No lie. And his brother's name was Marcus.
  • My Mom works in Insurance, and did a policy for a woman named:

GASWINDER CARR.   

How crazy is that?

• I came across the name Strawberry Long a few years ago at work.

My mom once had a student whose first name was King David.

My brother had a friend growing up named Twit.  He was Vietnamese, I believe.

Last, but not least, I used to work with a client whose name was Mike Hunt.  I thought for SURE that one was an urban legend, along the lines of Amanda Hugankiss, but I was wrong--he does exist!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"