1st Trimester

spotting after bowel movement?

I am just finishing up my fifth week, and my second HCG test was fine, but I've had some brown discharge when I wipe and noticed the last three days that right after I had a bowel movement, I had some bright red spotting and then it stopped. I'm having some trouble getting through to the doctor's office, but I have no cramping and feel fine. Please let me know if you have experienced this!

Re: spotting after bowel movement?

• I had that this morning, but just from the bm, it wasn't from my vag area (sorry, didn't know how to explain that) so I didn't really worry.  I figure it's just pressure or from being constipated for a couple of days. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a GIRL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • if you have any old blood left in your vaginal vault, the "pushing" that a bowel movement creates can force that old blood out.

It's very common, and most likely nothing whatsoever to be concerned about.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! When I mentioned the discharge to the nurse the other day she said it's fine since it's around the time my period would have come. I guess there is some old blood up there. I really hope that's all it is!
  • this happened to me yesterday.

got an u/s & they could see an implantation bleed (ie: subchorionic bleed)

it's small and common per my OB & he told me not to worry & to take it easy.

• Not to be gross, but are you 100% sure where it's coming from?  It may be coming from the back and not your vag, and it would just be from the pressure of the BM.  This happens to me all the time.
  • I am so glad you asked this. That happened to me this morning! I haven't had any spotting until after the bowel movement today.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it's bright red and isn't an active bleed (stops after you wipe) it could be due to minor hemorrhoids. not a fun thought, but a possibility. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"