Trying to Get Pregnant

symptoms from stopping the pill

Those of you who have gone off of the pill, what symptoms did you have?  I went off the pill this month and had unprotected sex with DH this month (i know this isn't recommended).  Now I am having lots of symptoms and have no idea if they are because of the birth control withdrawl or early signs of pregnancy and it's too early to test.  My symptoms are back ache, REALLY sore breasts, and severe mood swings and fatigue.  So I just wanted to see if  any of you felt this way after going off the pill.

Re: symptoms from stopping the pill

• I have been off of the pill for about a year and a half now, but from what I remember, acne, lost a couple of pounds, and noticeable increase in sex drive.  Oh and the best one, my boobs shrunk, from an A to a micro-A.  No wait the best one, was 7-8 week cycles and very light periods when they did come for a whole year.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • This was my first month off BCP also.  I have had cramps that are worse than the were when I was on BC...and DH says Im way moodier!  And AF is late...Im 90% sure that is from coming off BCP!

Good luck!  Best Baby Wishes!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • When did you go off the pill exactly?

All of those symptoms are my PMS symptoms. And, yes, the were horrid   first month. I had always had the mood swings and fatigue, but never the sore boobs and never before AF arrived. But, coming off the pill, all of the above. It is the shift in hormones. It may get better, it may not. And it may change for you from month to month.

Oh, and as far as not recommended to have unprotected sex, that's not really accurate. My doctor did not tell me that (though some doctors do say that). The only real thing to come out of waiting is to have at least one cycle so they can figure out an EDD by LMP. Other than that, there is no harm in having sex and getting pregnant first month off BC.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • You can start trying right away. Its recommended that you wait a bit to figure out your cycle. We started trying right away and are now on cycle 3. As for symptoms, i had really sore breasts, was moody, woke up really hot and sweaty some nights the first month off. Now, only sore boobs. Hope that helps and good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJenandMike71809:

This was my first month off BCP also.  I have had cramps that are worse than the were when I was on BC...and DH says Im way moodier!  And AF is late...Im 90% sure that is from coming off BCP!

Good luck!  Best Baby Wishes!

This, plus really bad backaches.

TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • MAJOR lower back pain when i came off BCP. cramps were worse, boobs more sore, and increased sex drive
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebutterfingers:

So I just wanted to see if  any of you felt this way after going off the pill.

Yes, I felt like I was going to start my period (back ache, mood swing, sore breasts, etc.) after going off the pill, because I was about to start my period and PMS was much more noticable when I stopped taking the pill.

Although if you had unprotected sex, you could be pregnant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagekdodge423:
    imagemaybebride:

The only real thing to come out of waiting is to have at least one cycle so they can figure out an EDD by LMP. Other than that, there is no harm in having sex and getting pregnant first month off BC.

They'll base it off LMP until an u/s anyway.

So still pointless.

Yes, sorry. I'm working on my laptop right now, which is being persnickity and I just wanted to be done typing. Forgot to add that.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
  • Yeah, I just can't believe how intense these symptoms are just from stopping the pill... I had no idea it would be this bad.  Just about every day I have had some sort of emotional breakdown that comes out of nowhere and that makes absolutly no sense afterwards.
  • Ok, so it sounds like this is all normal for stopping the pill and less likely pregnancy symptoms.  Did any of you have serious weight gain when coming off the pill?  I really don't want to have to deal with that!
  • imagebutterfingers:
    Ok, so it sounds like this is all normal for stopping the pill and less likely pregnancy symptoms.  Did any of you have serious weight gain when coming off the pill?  I really don't want to have to deal with that!

Unfortunately, pregnancy symptoms and PMS are practically the same, so be prepared to question this every month.

Everybody is different on weight gain or loss. I know some people who lost, some who stayed the same, and some who gained. I gained. I had not been following my healthy diet and workout program when I went of the pill, but  my weight jumped a lot in the two months after. But, again, everybody is different on that.

Proud Doxie Mommy

• imagebutterfingers:
    Ok, so it sounds like this is all normal for stopping the pill and less likely pregnancy symptoms.  Did any of you have serious weight gain when coming off the pill?  I really don't want to have to deal with that!

Yes!! 10 lbs in the first month off BCP!!  I was totally unaware that could happen, totally disappointed, trying hard to get that extra 10 off...not having much success :(

• My PMS intensified greatly.

The cramps are debilitating on CD1 (I probably won't make it through the whole day at work). Leading up to CD1 I get a light cramping uncomfortable feeling, my boobs ache, my face breaks out, my mood is more unpredictable than a tornado and I want to sleep constantly. I hate AF post BC

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Acne, extreme bitchiness, weight gain (although that may have been from girl scout cookies and easter candy).  When I got AF, I had bad cramps and was a lot more moody then when on BCP. 

The other posters are right though, no need to wait to TTC when getting off the pill!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"