Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

DH lost his job.

DH got laid off yesterday.  We have had astronomical medical bills from my pregnancy and then LO was in the hospital last month.  Bills totaling over $10,000.  We've spent all of our savings on those bills.  DH's job had always been secure and this was very unexpected! 

Anyway, I know it's a long shot, but I just wanted to see if anyone here works for a company who's hiring or knows of any good jobs that are available.  DH's last job was in retail sales management, but his degree is in computer science.  TIA!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: DH lost his job.

• I am so sorry to hear that.  I can't imagine the stress you must be under.  Sad  No job leads I'm afraid.  My husband is in engineering.
  • Has he checked Raytheon in McKinney? When I was on Monster.com about a month ago they had a few comp science-ish jobs. So sorry.
    I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Loading the player...
  • id start with checking jobs at corporates in plano - you have a million to chose from:

dr pepper

pepsi

frito lay

jcpenney

computer associates

intuit

etc etc...

that way he can go to the sites and search his skill set with jobs currently open. 

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Oh no, I am so sorry! If I hear of anything I will come on here and let you know! Wish I could be of more help.
  • The Le Meridien - Dallas North on Noel Rd across the street from the Galleria is hiring a sales manager.  I don't know how relative that is to retail sales, but it's worth a shot.  I work for their management company's corporate office and it's a great place to work.
  • I'm so sorry to hear! I work in HR and usually hear about a small variety of job openings. I'll let you know if I hear of one that seems fitting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"