Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Height/Weight Percentiles

My DS is 1 month today.  He was born (full term) on the smaller side and weighed 6lbs and 3oz and 19.5 inches long.  after his birth he lost some weight and was discharged from the hospital at 5 lbs 12 oz.

At his one month check up he weighed 7lbs 9 oz.  and was 20 inches long.  He is very healthy and there is no complications.  When they gave me his height weight percentile he was in the 5-10% range.  The doctor said he is very pleased with his health/development so far.  

So I'm not sure why I feel like something is wrong.  I hate the percentile scale thing.  Thanks for letting me vent!!   

Re: Height/Weight Percentiles

• My DD was born 6lbs 15oz - and discharged at 6lbs 8oz..  her length was 18-1/2 (both in the 20-25%) and she is still in the exact same... except her height has gone to 35-50%!!!!

The dr is very pleased because her weight didnt jump from 25 to above 50 and and didnt go below 20! =)

• DD's pedi said most of the time the scales are wrong or inaccurate.  The Dr said they're just looking for consistancy and not huge increases or decreases.  I'm sure your LO will do just fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • my daughter was 9lb 7oz 21 3/4" long at birth. i took her to the pedi for her 1 month check up (altho she was 7 wks) and she was 12lb 1oz 23 1/2" long. she was in the 95th percentile for weight and off the charts for height! so does that mean i am going to have a giant child?! haha.
  • DS was born at 36 weeks/1 day @ 5.9 lbs and 18 inches...  a tiny dude :)

At his 2 month check up he weighed 10.4 and was 21 inches - he has been gaining weight/growing very well, however, he is only in the 25th percentile for weight and 5th percentile for height.  My Pedi was not concerned at all, said he is pleased with his growth.  I knew he was short, as every piece of clothing he has that has legs (pants, sleepers etc) are WAY too long for him in the legs.. like 3+ inches too long... so for now, we are sticking with onesies and socks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"