3rd Trimester

Work Shower Drama Vent

So a lady at my work has decided to throw a joint baby shower for the three of us ladies who are pregnant.  What a thoughtful idea right?  Well, there are a few minor points that are causing a huge uproar in my circle.  The first is that this lady is not a permanent employee and has ZERO relationship with any of us PG ladies.  Then she invited everyone (guests of honour included) VIA a mass email to the ENTIRE school (men, women, whether we know them or not). 

Well, none of this really bothers me all that much, except that two of the "guests of honour" are really close to a girl in my department who was planning on throwing a baby shower for the two of us and inviting people at work who we are close to.  So now, my entire department is boycotting the shower because of this, and another girl is boycotting because they never threw her a bridal shower.  (Last year they threw a joint bridal shower for 3 ladies, but the year before, this girl and myself got nothing when we got married).  I hate being in the middle of all this drama.  I have no choice in who throws a shower or when or where, I just have to show.  Who knew being pregnant could cause such controversy!  Ugh. 

Re: Work Shower Drama Vent

• My work shower is next weekend and none of my friends from work can come...I barely know the "hosts" -- we used to do a small thing during planning and last year for a few people it was changed to an outside venue and made a little bigger...but, I'm having two other "real" showers and didn't even want this one...

We're just sending a mass email out, too - I didn't want to waste the paper...I'm guessing 6 people show up!  Oh well :( 

And...I'm also finding pregnant woman is a synonym for drama...even if the pregnant woman isn't starting it!! 

• Don't sweat it. I know it can be stressful, but its a very nice gesture and don't let some Katty women ruin it for you.

Be thankful to those that show up and the one that throws it and just take it for what it is. 

Let the other girls wallow in their drama while you enjoy your day!

Have fun :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageamy0105:

My work shower is next weekend and none of my friends from work can come...I barely know the "hosts" -- we used to do a small thing during planning and last year for a few people it was changed to an outside venue and made a little bigger...but, I'm having two other "real" showers and didn't even want this one...

We're just sending a mass email out, too - I didn't want to waste the paper...I'm guessing 6 people show up!  Oh well :( 

And...I'm also finding pregnant woman is a synonym for drama...even if the pregnant woman isn't starting it!! 

So true!  I'm having only one family/friend shower and NONE of my friends can make it.  Ugh.  Good thing my BFF is coming down this weekend to see me!  Yay!

• Yikes! Regarding inviting everyone- a coworker of mine did the same, but she let me know it was because she didn't want anyone to be inadvertently excluded. People who are excluded tend to have their feelings hurt vs. possibly including a few extras who once realizing they don't know you, probably won't come anyhow. And with THREE PG ladies, I can only assume she was trying to eliminate hours of figuring out who each of the 3 of you considered "friends" enough to invite. That being said, she probably should have consulted someone else who has a closer relationship with y'all or at least a permanent employee.... :| But her intentions were prob the best.

Honestly, you have bigger things in your life about to happen! Just take a deep breathe and tell the rest of your "concerned" dept to suck it up and grow up- less stress for the 3 PG ladies...who after all, isn't that who this is all about anyhow?

:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"