3rd Trimester

Do 2nd time moms earlier with #2?

My water broke with DD at 39 weeks. I'm wondering if this means I'll go 39 weeks or sooner with this one?

Re: Do 2nd time moms earlier with #2?

• a friend of mine just had her baby a couple days ago and she went earlier than she did with the first baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my sister had her babies at 37wks, 36wks, 38wks, and 39wks in that order. so it doesn't necessarily seem like the babies came earlier or later just based on order...
  • Loading the player...
  • Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. I know people who have gone past their due date with their 4th child.
    Hawaii
  • Some do, some don't.  I wouldn't put any money on it one way or another. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went into labor at 36w6d with DD and had her at 37 weeks exactly.  I am at 37w2d with this little one.  Hoping he decides to make an early arrival too, but I am already past when I had my daughter.  I'm a CPA, so everyone is teasing me that he's just waiting until after April 15th for me : )
  • If I make it through today, then in my experience NO I did not go earlier with #2.  With DS, my water broke at 36 w 4 d, so we will see what DD decides to do.  My dr. did say that I should prepare to deliver early again, but that it was totally possible to go 40 weeks. 
  • I had DD at 36 weeks exactly. I am 37 weeks with this one, so clearly earlier is not happening for me (thank goodness, I want this one to cook to 38 weeks for sure)... preemie status in the hospital is not so fun.
  • I was 5 days over with #1, currently waiting on #2 who is also overdue :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"