Babies: 0 - 3 Months

neck rolls ??

So I clean the neck rolls of LO every bath and during the off days too.  I noticed today that one side appears to have a smell and maybe an infection.  I am wondering what to do about it besides ask the pedi of course. Creams? Lotion? Wash? Thanks ladies!

1HT

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: neck rolls ??

• Explain what you mean by infection?  I remember when my DC#1 had an awful smell and then I realized the nasty "cheese" ( rotten milk buildup) under a neck fold.  After I washed, it was really red like a diaper rash. 
  • Wow you explained it perfectly.  All that gunk and then like a red rash once it is wiped.  What did you do??
  • Loading the player...
  • I know I'm on the wrong board, but I just wanted to say that happend to DS once and I put a little California Baby Diaper Rash cream on it and it cleared up within a few hours.
  • Think I put a little rash cream on it although not sure if you are really supposed to do that.  Then, I jut made sure to keep it dry and it went away.  After that, I just made sure to do a very good job cleaning the area and keeping dry.  It is hard to get under those darn rolls!!
  • Thank you both so much!  I will work even harder to keep it dry and throw some diaper cream on. Thanks again!
  • Yeah, we have the same issue.  I call her my "stinky cheese baby."  I try to clean out her neck a couple of times a day and blow air in there to dry it out.
  • We are having this same problem!!  No matter how much I try to clean under there, it still gets smelly.  LO ended up in the Pedi's on Saturday b/c Nystatin cream she earlier prescribed wasnt working.  She had a bad yeast infection in there!  They prescribed another cream with a steriod in it!  But it did the trick and it is all clear now and looks 100% better!!  G/L!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"